Sweden and austria

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
We're going to the ECCR in Hoor, Sweden, in 2011, and as this is likely to be our last extended Eurojaunt, Herself has suggested that we might return via Vienna! OK, OK, I know its hardly a direct route but I'm tempted, I must admit. Time isn't particularly important, and we'll be leaving UK on May 24th, and MUST be back by July 25th, Ideally a couple of weeks before that.We'd want a week or so in Vienna.
Now, our major problem is that Herself, (and me, to a lesser extent) cannot travel for more than about four hours,inc stops, as she becomes very stiff with athritis, so we'd be needing a couple of two-night stopovers en route.
I'd be interested to hear comments from anyone who's done such a trip.
PS ECCR = European Classic Caravan Rally, a great event if your van is pre 1980!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't know which way you will be travelling from Sweden to Vienna. If you care to look at my website as given in my signature below you might find some sites on your route. You will see we stopped on ACSI CC site at Camping Tulln just outside Vienna with excellent transport to the Wonderful City. Recommended by members in the Caravan Club Europe 2. This is a really lovely site to stop at and the town of Tulln is nice and good for shopping too with boat trips on the Danube as well. Hope this helps a bit. A shame it is your last extended visit to Europe though. We always keep to 200 and under miles a day and stop every 2 hours for a rest and walk about between sites.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Diane. The site sounds just what we want.
last Eurojaunt is because of failing health, mainly, although it is partly because of depleting funds!! We expected Herself's health and my lump sum to enable us to have five very good extended hols. Well, we've not done badly as next year will be our ninth! As our much-travelled bank manager said, it would be a b*gger if health ran out while we still had money left! Also of course,our Royale is now 32 years old, and neither my wife nor I want to replace it. I guess we're all ageing at the same time. But by 'eck, it's been fun!
smiley-laughing.gif

We're not saying we won't continue going to Europe, they'll just be shorter trips, say 1500 miles instead of the five or six thousand we normally do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts