Swift Ace Firestar front window

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just been to collect the van to get ready for this years touring, seem to have water trapped between the middle front window.

The Ace is ony six months old, towed once with it.

Is it common, do l remove the rubber gromets at the top corners and get some heat into the van, or leave well alone and let the dealer sort it out under warranty.

How do sealed units get condensation in, the size of it is around 3 inches diameter, heart shape.

Can't go away with it looks a mess.

My other problem is Culcheth as closed down got a 80 mile round trip to Chorley if the dealer needs to see it.

Andy if you see this what do you recommend,will it go on its own without moving the groments by just putting the blown air heating on, will their be stain inside the window if so surely l will need a new window under warranty.

NigelH

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
some windows do get condensation in them due to temperature difference outside and inside warm up the inside of the van if the outside is warm and the sun has been on the windows,especially if you have washed them.

if the mark is on both panes of glass, the best option is to call at your dealer and get him to order a new window

just go on holiday and wait for a new window.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Paul, used the wife's hair dryer on low setting vanished with in a minute, will keep my eye on it in case it comes back.

NigelH

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Sorry it's reappeared, l have checked the window l have the dreaded scratches internal of the middle window payne.

Andy of Swift l take it my first port of call is to Discovery Leisure who l purchased the van from, l want the window replacing under warranty as this caravan was only purchased at the end of September, we only made one trip, now l have water between the paynes and internal marks.

NigelH

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy

A lot of car manufacturers have roving engineers.

Just wondered if Swift, and indeed Bailey etc , have a roving engineer. One who could look at NGH window and say , yes , replace, avoiding the 80 mile round trip??

Cheers

Dustydog

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello nigel, we are having the same prob but ours is a compass and only 7 months old, and only towed twice,once in sept, and other 4 weeks ago, im waiting for a leaflet, (see marks on window ..thread) apparently that will sort everything,( yeh right) but im amazed at how many front windows are having problems, hope we both get ours sorted, ED

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
l all Joe Brown of discover leisure as sent me the leaflet by email, having problems removing the gromments without destroying them, will try hairdryer on low setting to see if that helps this morning.

Joe ask me to take a photo of the problem but getting the scratches to show is difficult,let you know how l go on later today.

NigelH

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
All, finally got the gromments out yesterday morning, water still trapped between window after checking this morning.

One thing l found if l lightly put pressure on the boottom left corner of the window their is slight cracking noise as the paynes seperate water seems to dissapear, when l release the pressure it comes back, by the way l am assuming its water as takes on the apprearance of some oiley substance.

l have sent a photo attachment to Discovery Leisure of the problem who will forward it on to Swift.

With this action Discovery can now order a new window.

Thanks for all your help.

Ed hope you resolve your problem.

NigelH

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
We have a similar problem with middle window in a Swift Challenger which we picked up in July last year, the patch looks like a bird wing shape. Interestingly, when we picked the van up from service although nothing was mentioned to us the damp report showed a picture and the tester had put three little xxx in the middle of the middle window and ticked the water ingress box. As we are awaiting parts for the replacement of the underbed locker door (which leaks profusely in heavy rain) and some missing screw covers we were going to tackle the window problem them and, hopefully, get everything fixed at once as we have the van on a seasonal pitch and its a 2 hour journey to Discover.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Sheila l think Discovery have had this problem before with Swift made vans, hence them ordering me a new Window, challenged them whether the new window would do the same, answer was the window company had fixed the problem, time will tell.

Hope you get it sorted

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts