Swift Ace Statesman Roof light above bed

Apr 8, 2021
Visit site
Good morning to you all, I am possibly going to buy a swift statesman ace 2014 from my dear sister! The internal roof light above the static bed is loose, coming away from the ceiling. Is this an easy fix? Any threads would be welcome. No that is not freudian

Thx I am a new big to this site:)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
I think you need to investigate why it is coming loose, it could be damp getting in through a faulty seal which could be costly to repair. I doubt it is possible to say what the cause of the problem is without thoroughly checking the roof light, but I would be wary.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Pictures would be good, from what you say, it may simply be the surround (to ceiling), which is only cosmetic and should just clip on.

John

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Have a look on here for a thorough listing of the bits and pieces. that comprise the fitting.
MPK Caravan Rooflights, Skylights, Flynets and Parts (caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk)

The inner frame is held to the outer frame by a self-tapper in each corner if it is this coming away.
Or maybe it is just the internal mesh - this hinged to one side but closes with two small clips that can get brittle over time. A couple of these clips snapped in my van and rather than replace the assembly (including the roller blind in this case ) I cut suitable shape from the edge of squared plastic cable ducting and superglued in place reinforcing the snapped lug while allowing a space near the clip edge so that it would still close securely. Invisible when closed!

[P1070927.JPGP1070928.JPGP1070929.JPGP1070931.JPG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts