SWIFT CHALLENGER LIGHT ABOVE SINK

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

At the weekend i was playing around with the lights in the van, the led strip light above the sink which is located under side of my overhead microvave unit.

When i switch it on it stays on for approximately 1 min which i found odd however when i have the main roof lighting on the strip light stays on indefinitely until i switch off main roof lighting .

Is this normal or am i missing something 🤔🤔🤔

Thanks,

Brian.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have the same sort of strip on our Lunar and it stays on as long as it is switched on as have the ordinary strip lights we have had on previous caravans. If this is going off after 1 min there is something wrong although I find it difficult to know what it is. If the caravan is under guarantee or a recent purchase I would see the dealer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Raywood, its most likely a faulty driver for the LED's. possibly whats known as thermal limiting. The light fitting probably needs to be replaced.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

At the weekend i was playing around with the lights in the van, the led strip light above the sink which is located under side of my overhead microvave unit.

When i switch it on it stays on for approximately 1 min which i found odd however when i have the main roof lighting on the strip light stays on indefinitely until i switch off main roof lighting .

Is this normal or am i missing something 🤔🤔🤔

Thanks,

Brian.
Did the light work ok before you started to " play around".If so What did you do.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
On my 2017 Conqueror I have the same strip light.

Mine only works with the adjacent rocker switch, it has no fade and the roof lights don't affect it either. once switched on it stays on until its switch off.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Cheers guys, i spoke to local caravan workshop, he suggested check connections as this sometimes the cause. Only 2 screws to drop light unit from fitting so will try this weekend.

Worth a try before ordering replacement, seemingly Swift parts are on a 7 week back order as they have just returned after Covid 😳

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts