Swift Charisma front windows

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm having a bit of a problem trying to replace the front windows on my 2008 Swift charisma. The front windows are bowed, so I am replacing them. I ordered all 3 windows from a Polyplastic dealer. The problem is with the centre window, the new window is slightly curved along the top hinge part, this makes it very hard to fit to the existing part of the hinge on the caravan, also the window will not seal properly along the top. The old window is completely straight. The supplier had sent me 2 windows, both are curved and they say according to the manufacturer this is the right window for my caravan. I'm sure I could get over these problems with new/different seals but I don't want to do any damage to the caravan or the new window. Can anyone advise me.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Check the Roxite number (on a small sticker in one corner of the windows), if they do not match your original ones, they are not the correct window.

Out of interest where did you purchase the windows from, normally windows are only available from one supplier in the UK, or from a certified workshop (from that one supplier)

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I will check this, its now etched onto the window, I know there had been a modification to this window, something to do with thickness/gap between inner and outer panels, it has a more rounded front.

The windows came from a company called Advanced glass products, trading as caravanwindows.net.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Firstly let me say that in all the time I have been working on caravans I have never heard of the company you bought from, so unable to form any opinion of them.
However, regarding the shape of the window hinge bar , it is unusual to find one which is not straight.
Even if the windows do form a lazy V kind of shape at the front, it is always the front panel moulding making the shape change with the hinge bar being mounted on a straight recess in the moulding.

Some pics may help if you can get some front on and side view of the hinge bars.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts