Swift con/job

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Beware Beware when buying a caravan from Swift .I bought a Challenger 520 .Great van with a free spare wheel and wheel security which you need a jack to aline the wheel .Guess what Swift dont supply a jack ??? found this out when i arrived on holiday .Cost me £65 ..so beware of the penny pinching Swift group

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
William, Swift is not the only maer who do not supply a jack, many others dont either.

One has to question why you did not know before you left the dealer with the van, did you not check out ALL the items and ask about those you were not sure about?

The brochure and technical specs for the van list everything which is included in the purchase of your van. If something is not listed, its not supplied a part of the purchase.

Apr 29, 2006
Visit site
William

We have had Coachman, Swift and Elddis caravans, and none of these have been supplied with a jack.

When we started caravanning our dealer (Broad Lane)advised us of all the extra things we would need to buy to get started. A jack was included in this list.

I must admit, when starting from scratch (I don't know if this is your position) it is a bit of a shock when you start adding up all the extras you need.

Anita

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
just got rid of our swift group product (ace) its only a year old but the worst built van we have ever owned, never touch swift again. we have gone back to coachman as the three we have had in the past have been faultless, our new vip 530 comes with a jack as standard as does the laser, but the pastiche and amara have the jack as an option, very strange.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi William, are you talking about the new ALKO Red wheel lock that fits into the wheel. We have one and don't use a jack to fit it. The wheel is just lined up by eye, the lock inserted and done. Helen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi William, are you talking about the new ALKO Red wheel lock that fits into the wheel. We have one and don't use a jack to fit it. The wheel is just lined up by eye, the lock inserted and done. Helen.
Hi William,

I have the new Alko wheel lock on my Hymer Nova and you don't have to jack up the van. Just as Helen has said, line the wheel up by eye and the jobs done in a jiffy. Most impressed by the lock however I can see how easy it is to set off with it still locked on the van and as the van salesman said the repair bill would horrendous.

Hope this helps.

Regards Nidge

TRENDING THREADS