Swift control panel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2019 dealer special based on Swift Challenger, the last twice we have been away the touch screen control panel above the door has refused to work. It shows 'advanced settings' but none of the touch screen buttons work. I googled the problem and did what Sargeant call a re formatting, all works fine once done. My concern is whether this is an indication that the screen is on the way out,or is it just something that happens now and again.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
From memory on the old Swift-Talk forum this was "one of those things" that seemed to happen occasionally, we had a 2018 Swift before the current one that had the same panel and it did it once in the 4 years we had it. There's a post over on Caravan-Talk (in the Swift section by BMBairn) where he had the same issue with his 2019 Swift so might be worth a look over that as he went into quite a bit of detail

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Gary
Will look for that and see where it goes, spoke to Sargent earlier today they offer a repair service, so may be an option, our service guy has never come across the problem,Mrs W worried we will get to France in August and panel will have stopped completely

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks again, ours is a different panel, but guessing works pretty much the same, when we got home this afternoon it was working fine on 12volt after unhitching from caravan, as soon as I connected mains it froze, did a reformatt and working again,will try speaking to Sargent again.

Reactions: GaryB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts