Swift Group metallic silver side panels

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We visited a Swift dealership and saw the new metallic silver side panels, currently advertised.

Having now seen them, we are not impressed. They are more akin to dark grey, than the silver we were expecting and when you stand to the front or back of the caravan, the contrast between the two colours just didn't look right.

A major issue for us would be the safety aspect when pulling out of a side road on a dull day with a dark grey sided caravan.

While we were there, a couple who had been viewing the inside of the caravan, said although they liked the inside, they wouldn't buy one for the same reason. It will be interesting to see how this pans out for Swift.

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Meals on Wheels,

I am truly gobsmacked - Grey / silver sides a safety issue!!! - Should we all be driving high visibility day-glo coloured cars as well!

C'mon now, I have a silver car - should I not drive that either?

I 'personally' love the new look of both the caravans and motorhomes and will certainly be buying one in the new year.

But watch out for me at junctions if you ever visit Cornwall, you might not see me until its too late!!!!

What about vans and lorries? Should they be bright orange as well? We are creating a very worrying 'Nanny State' in the UK where all we worry about is H & S!

May 29, 2007
Visit site
I love the side panels on the conquerer so much would switch from the spectrum. Only is we would have to change the Navara for a silver one so they match!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Meals on Wheels

"A major issue for us would be the safety aspect when pulling out of a side road on a dull day with a dark grey sided caravan"

I feel sure Swift have looked at this and come to the conclusion that it is safe!!!!, afterall many continetal vans have had these same panes for some years now.

Frank

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
I too drive a silver car, but I personally would not want to buy or tow a caravan with dark grey sides anytime, let alone from a side road on to a main road on a murky day.

I'm glad you like it and that you will be buying one. We all have different tastes and I respect yours, but this is not the van for me.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hey Touchy.

I won't be buying one I just said I thought Swift would have looked at the safety aspect.

Silly remark from yourself says you don't like them, not you have evaluated them !!!!!!!!!!!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Or that you had evaluated this " grey sides anytime, let alone from a side road on to a main road on a murky day"

Same goes for any van you are towing.

Serious you have posted without giving any thought to what you have evaluated.

Frank

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
It was because of trucks pulling out of side roads & not being seen in the dark, that all all large vehicles are now fitted with orange side marker lights down each side.

I have been fitting them since the early 90s & for the 1st time my German built came with them already fitted. If any body is worried about not being seen when pulling out of a side road in the dark, I would sugest that they fit them, even on boaring white vans.

Graham W.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think that they look great but the safety issue could be addressed by fitting amber side running lights instead of the reflectors

I always do this on my vans and they flash with the flashers as well on the latest version of inspector gadgets modifications!!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i have purchased a sterling elite onyx with silver sides and cant wait to px my creamy( vile ) coloured avondale that i have grown to hate.

i have seen the onyx when sunny and when wet and all im going to say is that when the silver sides get dirty they will match the silver kia sedona when that gets dirty , lol.

so if you see a silver stripe outfit give us a wave, lol.

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
lee, theres no way im letting it get dirty. just bought the avondale back home to wash as no facilities where we store it and its disgusting.

we shes had a wash and a polish a full hoover inside and in cupboards. she looks really nice now but shes still going.

i cant wait for the new one because we are about to change storage sites and they have toilets, washing facilities, hard standing, key fob entry and are a gold cassoa site.

woohoo

jo-anne

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
We are lucky as we keep our van at the rear of our house annd tomorrow its a wash and polish before our next trip. When my two girls were little our van was the biggest dolls house in our grove!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I like the silver sides but think the vans would look even better will silver front and rear panels. Time will tell if they prove popular but Swift seem to have covered themselves by only offering white sides on the Ace and Abbey brands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts