Swift lack of shelves

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Having recently purchased a new Searcher I was horrified to find out that if you want shelving in you lockers then you have to pay extra for them. Next time I buy a caravan I will be buying a foreign one as they come fully fitted and you don't have to pay extra for standard fittings.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not necessarily true.

A lot of foreign made vans do not come with electric heating as standard, you have to pay for it to be fitted.

I doubt very much that there is a van anywhere which has "everything" fited as standard.

I am also surprised that you were "horrified" to findout about the shelving,,surely you looked at he van prior to purchase?

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
if you can afford a sterling elite searcher then why are you worried about paying a little bit extra for some shelves you obviously are not short of cash if you bought a 20k caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is another aspect to this, the weight.

If shelves are extra, then it follows that fitting shelves eats into the available pay load. Perhaps this is one way some manufactures are making their products look better from a weight point of view in their brochures?

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
At least 3 of the lockers in the Searcher should have come with a shelf fitted. If you got none then you should complain.

I would agree that the provision of shelves is very poor for a

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts