Swift Major 6 Interior Lights Electrical issue

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Leewurf said:
Has anyone got an update on the fix for this? My new Quattro FB has the flickering lights issue and although it is new/under warranty I have little to no faith in the dealer to sort this out. Just to clarify - the LED strips above the cupboards flash briefly once when the water pump stops. Not a huge problem but its another small one to add the the list...

Dealer fixed light issue and made the pump somewhat quieter. Sadly I do not know what they did as I collected the van on a Sunday when the engineers weren't in. Many more issues have cropped up on my Sprite in the last week includung the oven screws falling out & the microwave oven surround falling off.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Leewurf said:
Has anyone got an update on the fix for this? My new Quattro FB has the flickering lights issue and although it is new/under warranty I have little to no faith in the dealer to sort this out. Just to clarify - the LED strips above the cupboards flash briefly once when the water pump stops. Not a huge problem but its another small one to add the the list...

Dealer fixed light issue and made the pump somewhat quieter. Sadly I do not know what they did as I collected the van on a Sunday when the engineers weren't in. Many more issues have cropped up on my Sprite in the last week includung the oven screws falling out & the microwave oven surround falling off.

Glad you got one bunch of thing fixed, A lot of my vibration problems stopped when I got my wheels/tyres balanced.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I still don't know what they did to fix it... but this is what the pump looks like now:

20181007_164832.jpg

Apologies for blurryness.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Craigyoung said:
That's what mine is getting done next Wednesday fingers crossed it cures the problem

Hi Craig, Zak,

Did the 'MOV pump suppressor' cure the flickering lights issue?

I have just returned from the inaugural tour with my new Sprite, (A surprisingly dry week in Dorset) and have the same problem with lights; the LED strips above cupboards, flicker when the inboard water pump (Which sounds like a pneumatic breaker) is active. I have a few other snagging issues which need to be reported to the dealer so I wanted to be clued up before I called them.

Thanks,
Paul.

Swift group fitted that same pump to mine so after nearly six years they still fit them. They are terrible. Mine is under a front seat in the locker and sounds like a pneumatic drill if anyone uses water at night. Cannot believe something quieter could not be fitted by now.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Just had the resistor fitted to ours today so hopefully the flashing will stop fingers crossed . Will report back after next week when we come back from weekend away .

Craig

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
otherclive said:
Swift group fitted that same pump to mine so after nearly six years they still fit them. They are terrible. Mine is under a front seat in the locker and sounds like a pneumatic drill if anyone uses water at night. Cannot believe something quieter could not be fitted by now.

From new it was ridiculously loud; whatever the dealer did after I complained made the pump much less intrusive when running, there is little vibration but you can still hear it. My wife always uses the on-board shower, so the pump will run for some time when the shower is on. I was able to sit reading while it was running without being distracted. As per previous comments it also stopped the LED light strips from flashing.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
He told me he put some kind of rubber grommet cushioning around the pump which seemed to silence it a bit but must have worked its way loose but now since the resistor has gone in like you said Paul im hoping all the flashing has stopped and the pump is more quiet .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
otherclive said:

From new it was ridiculously loud; whatever the dealer did after I complained made the pump much less intrusive when running, there is little vibration but you can still hear it. My wife always uses the on-board shower, so the pump will run for some time when the shower is on. I was able to sit reading while it was running without being distracted. As per previous comments it also stopped the LED light strips from flashing.

I must dig out my notes on silencing of marine systems and start to think about fitting a more resilient mount, and flexible in the pipework attachments to the pump. :evil: Alternatively since I'm the only one who seems to get up at night and I sleep with the pooches on the double, by definition it cannot wake me as I am already awake; or sort of :whistle:

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
No doubt about it ,it's a dealer "fob off".The fact it only happens in some caravans (the minority"and not other (the majority) shows that it shouldn't happen at all.
The fitting of a resistor will reduce the current the pump uses and make the pump run slower and hence the operating noise quiter.The biggest noise reduction will be experienced by the installation of the grommet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts