Swift pump

Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
Good evening to all. Can anyone please tell me if my swift charisma 235 year 2004 I think has an internal pump as well as the whale pump in the aqua roll that fills the truma water heater. Kind regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Spud,

You would only normally have an inboard pump in addition to a submersible pump in an external tank if the caravan had an internal cold water tank.

I have trawled a number of different adverts for the Charisma 235 models *(years 2002 to 2004) and non of them mention an internal cold water tank or pump, so unless your has been modified by a previous owner its very unlikely to have an internal pump.

The external pump should provide cold water to all the taps, and fill the Truma which is connected to the cold supply. The Truma works like a domestic storage tank and requires cold water to be pumped in to displace the hot water which flows to the hot taps.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The Swift archive does not go back to 2004,but the 2006 model is shown as having an inboard pump. I cannot see the point in having an external pump as well, so if the 2004 model had an inboard one, I can only assume that at some point it was replaced by the Whale model. You should be able to check by following the pipe inside from the inlet to see if there is a pump there, but I doubt it.
From personal experience of inboard pumps they are very noisy and many people did replace them, so that or the pump failing, might explain the possible change.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts