swift seat covers faulty 2008

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

Could anybody advise me what to do?

I have a 2008 Swift Bridgmere GT and the stitching on the seats is coming away, I took it to my dealer (27 october 2008) to show them, they put a claim in! they said Swift would get back to me direct but i have still not been contacted. I have rang my dealer another two times as i can not speek to Swift direct and they said it is out of there hands!

WHAT DO I DO?

THANKS!

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Lamby, It is not out of your dealers hands it is firmly in their hands. You bought the caravan from them and as such your contract of sale is with them not Swift. Make sure you contact them in writing asap and put the ball firmly in their court.

Google sale of goods act quick facts.

Remember you only have a 12 month warenty on fabric.

Im sure that Swift will contact you via this forum but remember its your dealers responsibility.

Kevin

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Lamby.

I had the same issue with a new 08 Sterling Eccles Opal.

Spoke to me caravan supplier, Chichester Caravans at Uckfield, East Sussex. Returned the seat squab at end of touring season in November. It was returned to Swift for repair and was back to me in December. Great service, as always, from Chichester Caravans.

Dealers responsibility.

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lamby,

Will you email me at aspacey@swiftleisure.co.uk with your details and you van details and I will investigate this Monday and try and find out whats gone on and get this resolved

Many Thanks,

Andy

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys.

bought the van from the big D group! cant say am happy at the mo! Cant afford the seat squabs to me missing as the seasons just about to start. would of been ideal as the vans been in storage since the 27 october 08 after visiting there workshops!

GOING TO MAIL THE NICE MAN FROM SWIFT!

HAPPY CARAVANING FOR 2009

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lamby

We had an Ace Jubilee Statesman and the cushions/seats were badly faded after 3 years but contacting Leisure Furnishings via Swift they were replaced under warranty as new

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lamby

The backrest cushions in our new 2008 Challenger started sagging and we contacted our dealer, who then contacted Swift. Leisure Furnishings then phoned us and arranged a carrier to collect them for re-stuffing with a firmer filling under warranty. They even sent us two strong poly bags for them to be returned in. They were returned to us within a week and were perfect. No hassle at all.

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
The dealer assessed the faulty upolstery in october. They said they contacted Swift, who contact the suplier, who were suposed to contact us, who haven't for over three months! So i rang the dealer another two times an was told that they have contacted the factory and they would get back to me and that i would have to wait!!! but come on!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not withstanding Swift groups offer to investigate on this forum, Trucker is fundamentally right, if the seats are not fit for purpose then it is strictly the sellers responsibility under the Sale of Goods cat to resolve the problem.

You should have to do nothing directly with Swift or their suppliers.

I suggest that it might be worth taking professional legal advice and to send a solicitors letter to you seller.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts