Swift Sundance battery

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2003 Swift Sundance where the leisure battery is under the driver seat, which I have been able to remove.

The problem is finding an replacement, the battery sits inside a frame but I am unable to find a battery that will fit. The sizes available are bigger then the original. Has anyone else had this problem, will I have to find a way to modify the frame under the seat?

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Transit - both starter and leisure batteries live iunder the driving seat, and thre's not much spare room!
There might be scope for fitting some thick washers, to raise the seat and give a bit more room. Otherwise all you can do is measure the space available, to get the maximum size battery you can fit, and search (online and in person) for one you can use. Chandlers sometimes have odd-sized ones for boats, which can present similar space problems to motorhomes.
Good luck!

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I have already checked the size and thats the problem, at some point since 2003 manusfactures have changed the standard sizes. The problem is not the height its the length and I cant co any bigger, the only thing I can do is make a news frame for the battery to sit in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts