Swift Truma Combi

May 1, 2022
Visit site
Complete newby, help needed !

hi we have a swift Quattro EW with a Truma Combi heating system.
Having set the caravan up and setting the water heater to 60degrees, this worked fine for a day or so. Then all of a sudden, we heard a loud popping noise from below the seating area and a cloud of steam.
Lifting the seats up there was a puddle of water and the overflow pipe has been blown off (in photo)
The Combi system was hot to touch and now the water pump does not seem be drawing water in. The control pad beeps and says water level low.

many help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• BE36D1DD-2946-4627-8F4E-6BDE575B6AA2.jpeg
    BE36D1DD-2946-4627-8F4E-6BDE575B6AA2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is a product I have never worked on so I can't offer any other advice than for your safety you should arrange to have the systems checked by a Trumas service centre.

May 1, 2022
Visit site
This is a product I have never worked on so I can't offer any other advice than for your safety you should arrange to have the systems checked by a Trumas service centre.
Thanks Prof,

I have put out a message with a couple of engineers local to Devon to come and take a look. I would not mess with this myself, as I have no knowledge of this kit at all.
I’m just keen to understand what has happened and if it’s something I have caused (being a novice ☹️)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What I can say with some certainty is , it should not blow a pipe off, so the question is why?
It could be the appliance has malfunctioned,
Or it could be part of the system that feeds water to the appliance has failed
Or it could be how you have tried to use the system,

With so many possible factors it makes it very difficult to diagnose through a forum, and especially when it comes to fuel, and or hot water, there are so many potential dangers if its not managed correctly.

Please do let us know what is found as it might help someone else in the future.

May 1, 2022
Visit site
Agreed, I’m terms of the danger aspect, I’ve shut the whole thing down until someone qualified can come and advise 👍🏻

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Agreed, I’m terms of the danger aspect, I’ve shut the whole thing down until someone qualified can come and advise 👍🏻

Hi RobL,

I know this thread is knocking on 5 months now but I'd like to offer some input. Are you talking about gas or electric?

We are not caravan engineers who deal with the fitting & installation side but we do repair the electronics, fans, and motors on the Truma Combi boilers.

Have you had any of it checked over? I.e the water temp thermostat, and making sure the fans are working? Especially if it has overheated these could be culprits.

Regards
A&R Electronic Developments

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Rob L. I don't know why myself and the Prof never noticed this thread. ?
It sounds like the temperature limiter has malfunctioned and caused the pipes to blow off.
Out of interest was the combi using gas and electric, or just gas or electric
I know it was some time ago but some of us are always interested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts