Swiss sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Although we've been to France nearly every year since '86, we've never been to Switzerland. Can anyone recommend a good site for 2 adults (kids have now left home!) & best route to take?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suppose it depends where you want to go, but for a first trip I would recommend you go to the Interlaken area. There are many sites you can book through the Caravan Club, and others, but we have always used Manor Farm. It is right on the lake, with good facilities and a very good restaurant. Switzerland is NOT cheap, especially eating out, but try the Coop in Interlaken for better value,they weigh your plate to charge you!!!!

Read up about travel cards for using on the trains, cable cars and steamers. These can give you very good value.

A good entry point for this area would be at Basle using the German motorway through Basle itself. Don't forget you will have to pay 80 Swiss Francs ( about

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I agree with all Barry has said and I agree with his choice of Interlaken for a base. If expenses will run to it, do try the train ride to the top of the Jungfrau. It's more than ten years since we went to the top, but the experience is still talked about. Expect to pay a bit more than usual for site fees. Basis fee + daily tax + refuse tax, etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went to the Interlaken area last year and it was stunning.We stayed at the Lazy Rancho which was booked through the caravan club--but they also have their own web-site.The family all speak perfect English and would bend over backwards to give us any information that we required.Interlaken was in walking distance from the site.New toilets were completed while we were there which were the last thing in luxury!!! and yes you must go up the Jungfrau--expensive,but NOT to be missed.The Schilthorn is also worth a trip ( that's the mountain used in the James Bond film with a revolving restaurant at the top.) Could go on & on -Basle is the best way to come into Switzerland and you can buy vignettes either at the border ( 1 for the car and 1 for the caravan ) or buy before leaving Britain.Go onto the Swiss Tourist office web-site-the information is excellent.Enjoy your holiday,it will be unforgettable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts