Switzerland

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi

My wife and I along with 2 friends (2 caravans) are considering going to Switzerland next June for 10 days using camping cheques.Has anyone been there and can you suggest some routes.We will probably go from Dover to Dunkirk and can you suggest any reading material on the above country.Oh yes and any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

Oct 12, 2006
Visit site
If you don't mind forking out shed loads of money for autoroute tolls then they are the best way. I went last year to Switzerland and went thru Belgium, Germany then Basel and on to Interlaken. If you don't use the autobahn in Switzerland you don't pay the vignette of SFr 40 for both car and caravan!!! The main roads in Switzerland are good as all the Swiss have vignettes and are on the autobahn.

Alan

Aug 20, 2005
Visit site
Just got back from Switzerland/Lake Como trip. Seems we took the same route as Alan. Roads in Switzerland are good and it is worth purchasing the vignette for quick and easy travelling. Stayed at Lazy Rancho in Interlaken and would highly recommend this site, if that is the area you wish to stay. Very friendly owners, immaculate facilities, amazing scenery and very quiet. Easy access into Interlaken centre, walking 20 mins or free bus (punctual).

Jun 1, 2006
Visit site
I'd also recommend Lazy Rancho in Interlaken. We also stayed at Camping Vitznau near to Lake Lucerne - it's a terraced site but the location is excellent; very close to the village which has good transport links via bus, rail or ship - our car rarely left the site.

As for the motorway toll - it may seem expensive, particularly as you have to buy a vignette for the caravan as well as the car, but what about the cost of getting an outfit to the south of France and back using autoroutes? About the same, I'd say. It also appeared to us that there weren't easy alternatives to the motorways when towing...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts