Swopping a towbar

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if I can take the towbar and electrics off my current car, a VW Touran, and put it on a new one, another Touran? The only reason I ask is that my current car is being replaced as I've had so many problems with it and the Dealer will pay for it to be transferred. Obviously it may be just as cheap to have a new one fitted but will towbar companies do this?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
At least in the Bosal catalogue there is only one part number for a towbar for the Touran, irrespective of year of manufacture. It should therefore be safe to assume that the towbar can be transferred.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
It should be quite pheasable to swop your towbar to your new VW as your having the same model and as far as I can find there is no product change for any particular year.

However do insist that your dealer uses a brand new fitting kit as the captive nuts and spacers for the chassis are once only fittings andwill not be as good second time around if you do succeed in getting them out intact.

Most towbar manufacturers/suppliers will supply a kit usually about

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Forbes

if VW are replacing the vehicle due to loads of problems, get them to fit a new bar & electrics to your requirements (even if they have to sub this out to a "proper" towbar centre) - this way, they take responsibility for the fitting v warranty. And, as you will have probably had loads of inconvenience - its the least they should do !

Ann & John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts