T5 - headlamp mask

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a new van on a VWT5, can't work out how best to mask what is basically 3 sets of lights for driving right hand vehicle on left hand roads

any bright ideas anyone ??

but keep it cheap. cheerful and very very very easy and lowtech
smiley-embarassed.gif
cos I'm a simple soul

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Jackie, I'm not familiar with all those T5 lights, but the only ones you need to bother with are the dipped beam headlights. Point the van at a wall, and notice the bit that flares upwards to the left. As long as you can mask that top bit, you can forget the rest.
Tony x

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks Tony, it's the first time I've come across headlights with absolutely no guide marks at all
almost tempted to spend some money on headlight protectors - if they come with guide lines that is
since we normally put the masks on as the ferry comes bouncing into port we need all the help we can get
smiley-cool.gif

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
If you're only "masking" (ie blotting out the bit that shines up-and-left) and not "bending" (ie redirecting it to up-and-right) then you can put them on at home - you're legal either side of the water.
I have to do mine at the ferryport because I use headlamp protectors with "benders" permanently fixed.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
not usually that well organised - we have the bits - just seem forget to do it until the ferry serves to concentrate the mind
always work better under pressure and time constraints
smiley-cool.gif

may do it your way -

but - read somewhere that the headlight protectors were recommended for full time use - seems a bit extreme - ime it's the windscreen and bonnet that collects the stone chip damage -
would you believe they've actually come up with a 'bra' for the bonnet on the VW -
smiley-cool.gif
http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/t5%20ext.htm

nowt so queer eh

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts