Taking the Dogs to France

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
We have not been abroad with the caravan for years and now that there is a pet's passport scheme I am considering taking Hamish & Harry (Westie & Cairn Terriers) to France. We are now in a position to go for a goodly spell and kennels would not be an option for 4-8 weeks.

I would be interested to here from those of you who have done this and any pitfalls that you know about. I remember reading on one web site (can't remember which one) that there are diseases in France which their dogs have built up immunity to which could affect British dogs.

All views and experiences gratefully received.

George Mc

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
George, we took our dog to France for the first time last september. There are no problems whatever if you do it by the book. Talk to your vet, who should be able to explain it more fully than I can on here. If there is a snag, it's probably the cost, as it cost me around

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
George, we took our dog to France for the first time last september. There are no problems whatever if you do it by the book. Talk to your vet, who should be able to explain it more fully than I can on here. If there is a snag, it's probably the cost, as it cost me around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts