Taps continually running

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have an Abi tristar water operated by micro switches on individual taps , but when I turn the taps off they keep on trickling for quite some time after I turn them off ,the taps on the caravan were changed a couple years a go (2yrs max) just wondered if anyone has any ideas what it maybe I wouldn't have thought the micro switches would have gone so quickly , I was wondering if the pump maybe going any help would be appreciated thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum.

First and foremost if the taps are still dripping when they are turned off, then the tap seals have failed. Depending on the model of the taps you may be able to get new seals, but more likely you may want to replace them.

If the pump continues to run when the taps are off, then you have a faulty microswitch in one or more taps. Again its sometimes easier to change the taps than try and find and fit microswitches.

If the taps drip despite the pump actually turning off then I ll bet you have a water heater. The heater has a a 10L tank and it will always have a small air gap at teh top of the tank ( this is necessary to allow the water room to expand as it heats up. When the pump runs, it pressurises the pipework to deliver the water but it also will pressurise the heater tank. When the pump stops the cold water pressure will drop away very quickly, but the pressurized air cap in the hot tank will continue to deliver water to the taps until the pressure is lost. This could be the trickle you get at the leaky taps.

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply , the constant trickle happens all the time so I think the micro switches have gone which is quite annoying as the taps are only two years old

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dobbers12 said:
Thanks for the reply , the constant trickle happens all the time so I think the micro switches have gone which is quite annoying as the taps are only two years old

But equally if the taps are constantly dribbling the tap seals have also gone or never worked, a closed tap should not dribble!

I suggest that if you had then less than two years ago and they are now dribbling, the taps were not of merchantable quality and you could try your supplier for replacements or at least a discount.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts