taps coughing

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
hi all

first time out this year our tap on the sink, started coughing, as if we had just filled the system and there was air in the pipes, this normaly clears after a few seconds, but this time no change it done it all week, any one got an idea.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, it means you are still sucking in air somewhere.

May be the inlet connection, a split filter housing, loose pipe connection.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
We had a similar problem this year when checking the van over for this years touring. When i filled the hot water tank up and the air had cleared out the system, within half an hour you would turn the hot water tap on and again it would splutter again. No water was leaking outside on the floor or under the seat. In the end we found it to be the non return valve in inlet socket of the whale plug, the water was going back into the barrel. The valve is a small bit of rubber costing

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
having tried all we have been told there is no difference, new O rings, bled the system, no holes in feed pipe, no broken filters.

We checked the water filter, there was a small pool of water underneath, we tightened the filter, both sides, all ok. there is a show of air inside the filter clear housing, we turned that all thw way round, no difference.

Any ideas anyone....

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
If you can disconnect the pipes from each side of the housing & re connect them together with a spare piece of pipe, then try it.

If it works ok & you have no problems with it spurting.........

You have got a hair line crack in you filter housing & it will require replacing to cure the problem.

Feb 14, 2007
Visit site
we put up with ours doing this for nearly 2 years and tried everything possible to avoid spending too much money. Last August, whilst on site and fed up of noisy pipes and taps we finally gave in and spent about

Mar 4, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Sproket, I had the same. It was a filter housing which doesn't always drain out fully. The water then freezes and cracks the softer plastic of the housing rather than the hard plastic filter bowl.

I have a new one for my system now and will be emptying it proir to next winter!.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts