Telescopic cleaning brushes

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Just a thought ... :dry:

How much extra weight is added to the brush when it's fully extended and full of water :eek:hmy: 1" tube x approx 2 mts long ??

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Just a thought ... :dry:

How much extra weight is added to the brush when it's fully extended and full of water :eek:hmy: 1" tube x approx 2 mts long ??

to start with is the brush dry or wet? :silly:
Is the tap full on?
Or half on or half off? :silly:
Ps should that 1" be 25mm? :whistle:

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Is the tap full on?

If it was fully extended and left full of water and you could weigh it. :huh:
If it froze...would it be heavier or lighter :huh:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Gagakev said:
Is the tap full on?

If it was fully extended and left full of water and you could weigh it. :huh:
If it froze...would it be heavier or lighter :huh:

Hypothetical question that one Sir Sprocket, if Ray S took the brush to Mojacar it would never freeze :lol:
Sir Isaac Newton's law says if you can lift a pint you can lift a brush :woohoo:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Quote Kev - "Hypothetical question that one Sir Sprocket, if Ray S took the brush to Mojacar it would never freeze"

It would at 25F!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OK ok I got it wrong !! It comes from having to convert temperatures to F for all the emails I send to family in America, and the combination of 25 C yesC and the local supermarket plonk aka vino collapso strikes again. Senior moment guys.

Better ask the Prof. About weights of water when frozen. As far as i remember the density of water increases as temperature drop reaching a maximum at 4C. If not ice would sink not float. Water is strange like that, as in many other ways. Nearly as strange as liquid helium which can flow uphill under certain circumstances, so don't use it to cool the G and T

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Right then - this must be the PC Mk1, - after 'field' trials, (and any mods. necessary) perhaps some manufacturer might take up on a sensible idea that works. Fingers crossed!

Well the new tap that i have sourced has arrived ;) it's much better than the old plastic one... Job now sorted :p

20150304_135522_zpszoulujkt.jpg
20150304_134021_zpsxhwbxwc0.jpg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sprocket
You are a genius. Just what I need to fix my brush.
Do you have a link where I can buy all the bits please?

Thanks DD

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Right Sproket, does it work? Now prepared to give it a go myself. (Another failure this am! - (Wet leg syndrome!") See Dusty asked you for all the part names and suppliers of your 'bits' - Have you got 'em listed so I can copy and order, -- pleeeeeeeeease?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Right Sproket, does it work? Now prepared to give it a go myself. (Another failure this am! - (Wet leg syndrome!") See Dusty asked you for all the part names and suppliers of your 'bits' - Have you got 'em listed so I can copy and order, -- pleeeeeeeeease?[/quote

Hope you got it from the hose pipe Sir Gab :whistle: :lol: :whistle:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
RayS said:
Better ask the Prof. About weights of water when frozen. As far as i remember the density of water increases as temperature drop reaching a maximum at 4C. If not ice would sink not float. Water is strange like that, as in many other ways. Nearly as strange as liquid helium which can flow uphill under certain circumstances, so don't use it to cool the G and T

You challenge, I sometimes answer if I feel like it!

However in this case it's quite simple fill a hose pipe with water, let if freeze, what happens to the weight? well unless the expanding ice is allowed to expel any excess fluid, then it will weight the same.

As regards to the weight if ice vs water for the same volume here's a simple web page that gives the density of water for temperatures in the range of -8C to +108C Note that for temperatures above 100C (Boiling point) the fluid is kept in its liquid stage by increasing the vapour pressure as in a pressure cooker - or incidentally the same principle applies to the combined liquid and vapour stage concurrently in and LPG cylinder

http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/javascript/water-density.html
The maximum density occurs at 4C of 0.999975 g/cm3 = 999.975 kg/m3
The density of ice at 0C is 0.9998245 g/cm3 or 999.8245 kg/m3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts