tell me more about rallies please?.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi we live in coventry and are in the caravan club. what rally clubs are there in our area?.

what stuff do they do at rallies?

are there any toilets and showers at rallies?.

is there anything for the kids to do?

love to hear your stories.

thanks

jo-anne

May 5, 2005
Visit site
are you in c&CC or CC their magazines list the rallies range from a field with tap and elsan point to a service pitch usually families good fun generally worth a punt as they say.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
HI Jo-Anne,

You can rally with any area but the nearest to you are,

East Warwicks, West Warwicks, Leics, & Midland (B,ham).

We do not belong to any center but check where each center is going for the week end & then go where we fancy.

You can get the addresses of each centers committe from the rear of your hand book.

Graham W.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Ps

Not usually toilets/showers etc, you should be self contained.

As for children some centers have more kids than others, some dont have any, thats why I say try before you buy.

Graham W.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
On most rallies you are expected to use your own facilities although some are held at commercial sites and have full facilities, a phone call to the rally officer will tell you what is available.

We have found that our centre seems to run 2 types of rallies aimed at older couples or families and both types of people are welcome on both types of rally.

A weekend rally can cost from under

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Jo-anne I would guess it was for the two nights that price is about right.My suggestion is get the magazines from the two clubs either by joining or from a friend,lok to see where there is a local rally being held and pop along (without van)just to have a look and chat with the marshall and others on site,do that a couple of times and see what you think without the commitment to going with the van although taking the van will of course give you a better idea of the whole weekend.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
had probs posting had a great time v.friendly no moans only a fiver cheaper than site for us but with kids dog etc could be much cheaper well worth a try

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
And don't forget with the CC rallies, the bickering, jealousy, snobbery, the clicks, the falling out, the affairs with other members wife's/husbands, dethroning of the committee including the chairman. Yes over the years we have witnessed it all, and now we much prefer to do our own thing and come and go as we please, and we don't end up with sore hands on a Sunday morning after all that clapping at the flag. Just our opinion. Lots of people love it, give it a try it might be for you.

Allan & Gill.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
And don't forget with the CC rallies, the bickering, jealousy, snobbery, the clicks, the falling out, the affairs with other members wife's/husbands, dethroning of the committee including the chairman. Yes over the years we have witnessed it all, and now we much prefer to do our own thing and come and go as we please, and we don't end up with sore hands on a Sunday morning after all that clapping at the flag. Just our opinion. Lots of people love it, give it a try it might be for you.

Allan & Gill.
could do with seeing a bit of that,have to go on a CC rally(not)

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jo Anne, We are in Bedworth, so not far at all. We are complete newbies and have two children (6 & 11) so if you ever attend any rallies or can recommend any good sites, ect... would love to hear.

Take care

Melody

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Hello Jo-Anne, thanks for your comments re-C-Crosser and your problems with the Sedona. We are away for Christmas at a Christmas Rally with the Folk Group of the C&CC. Great Fun - the cat doesn't like all the people moving about though!

Margaret W.

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Quite agree with your comments. We usually go with the C & CC Folk Group Section which is great fun with no bickering, etc.

However, if you don't like music morning, noon and night - don't go, but there are lots of crafts as well.

Jan 13, 2008
Visit site

Allan & Gill.
ha ha ha how funny-think will have to go for the crack!!!

spj

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

I fully agree with what has already been said, we are in the C&CC and go on lots of rallies around the Yorkshire area, we look at where the rally is and then go where we like but all the DAs can be very different but most are very friendly and helpful, we have camped with Yorkshire DA, Huddersfield DA, Spen Valley DA, Central Yorkshire DA, British Caravanners C&CC, Sheffield DA and others, the only unfriendly and 'clicky' DA we have camped with is Leeds who have some nice members but there is always the same group in the same line at all the rallies who are plain ignorant. We and others now avoid Leeds DA.

My advice is try a few different DAs and see what they are like, don't let a bad DA put you off as most are really nice people.

spj.

Feb 23, 2008
Visit site
Theres lots of other clubs out there too, i am a member of a few. That way you can find the best sites to suit your needs. The van never goes into winter mode as we camp 365 days a year. One club i am a member of is called 365 as it runs meets and rallies all year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts