Test Photo

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
joby1 said:
I just right clicked on a photo and up came save as and I saved to my desktop so they can still be copied , I did delete it
It's possible to copy and save more or less any picture or image which appears on the internet if you know how Joby.
Haymarket's position could never prevent anyone from copying any image that is posted to a public message board. The use of third party image hosting websites is more about Haymarket not being held responsible for what happens to posted images in case of copyright disputes.
Haymarket has no mechanism which could verify that a person who posted an image to this website owned the copyright or was legally entitled to publish the image.
A third party hosting system removes any possibility of dispute or litigation which would involve Haymarket. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope nobody will get upset when I get my photos messed up, this is the site for testing , isnt it.
Hutch.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
EH52ARH said:
upset when I get my photos messed up,
Hutch.

Come on take a look at what you are doing wrong
Peeking-man.gif

All you need is a lightbulb moment ;)
33duidl.gif

2j2z4zq.gif

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
joby1 wrote:
Why doesn't the site have a camera icon like on facebook and other sites , where you can download a picture straight from the desktop

Parksy replied
The answer to your question is that this website utilises completely different software to that used by Facebook. On this website your photos are protected if you click the privacy box on your hosting site, anything can be copied or stolen from Facebook :(

I gather the point is that this site, unlike many, will not host any photos, so user's photos must be linked from an outside web site (such as Photobucket).

As for Photobucket allowing privacy, and not Facebook though, anything that can get onto your screen can be copied by means of a screenshot (unless they have disabled that in modern Windows? I don't use it). At a very superficial level Photobucket or anyone else can put some minor obstacles in the way (looks like Photobucket mess with the metadata) but that is all.

Parksy wrote
A third party hosting system removes any possibility of dispute or litigation which would involve Haymarket.

Then Haymarket are far too sensitive. The content of a forum is not the website owner's responsibility unless there is a formal copyright (or other) complaint which can be shown as valid, whereupon the website's responsibility goes no further than removing it. Heck, there have been cases (Google for them) that are far more severe than pictures of caravans, like people revenge posting naked pics of their ex on social media sites and the website still refusing a takedown until threatened with court action.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not employed by Haymarket, and as a voluntary forum moderator it's not part of my remit to defend or to justify their policy decisions with regard to how pictures can be posted to this forum. :)

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm on a number of forums and I've never had any problems posting photos..will try this just to see if it works on here....

Tried the preview and works on that...so here goes..

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Icefever said:
I'm on a number of forums and I've never had any problems posting photos..will try this just to see if it works on here....

Tried the preview and works on that...so here goes..

Well done ice fever, when you are on the image link you can resize your photos, think you insert something like 400 x 400. (The mods will know the correct size)
when I use Photobucket it seems to set itself so I don't have to insert any measurements.

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I've used photobucket, but I found "Postimg.org" it's so easy to use.....upload a photo and it does it all for you.
When you select an image you just click the forum box....that copies it...then you just paste into your post.. B)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
If it helps, I followed that url and it took me to an entire Flickr page that included the image. The page as a whole is not an image, it only contains one, so it did not render here as an image. You need to examine your Flickr page to extract the url of the picture alone (right click on image to see all its information and look for the og:image name, will end in .jpg usually) - and it looks like :-

https(spoiler)://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4310/35637424690_a7ce2e9e2b.jpg

I have added (spoiler) in it to stop it rendering wrongly here.

so, by surrounding that url (without "(spoiler)") by bbCode image tags, here it is :-

35637424690_a7ce2e9e2b.jpg

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
P1050527.jpg

........Yeeey :cheer:

Thanks Icefever for the heads up even if it was over a year ago!
........I will be using Postimage .org for posting photos on here.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
P1050527.jpg

........Yeeey :cheer:

Thanks Icefever for the heads up even if it was over a year ago!
........I will be using Postimage .org for posting photos on here.

Thats some beautiful flower Bill, is it in your garden?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......taken in Spain in February :)

Just messing about finding a free replacement photo hosting service since picture receptacle requested I pay them millions of ££££s.

Have you been to Coverack? ;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
......taken in Spain in February :)

Just messing about finding a free replacement photo hosting service since picture receptacle requested I pay them millions of ££££s.

Have you been to Coverack? ;)

Yep my piccys have all dissapeared. I sent photobucket a cheque but it bounced :evil: :lol: :lol:

And no thats one place I havent been [Coverack]

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......I can see the picture Peter :)

Have you any pictures of Spital in the Street.........a memorable name for a village!!
Named after a Hospital I believe.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Go through it regularly just 10 miles from home, blink and miss it. Not as interesting as the name suggests! Just had a quick look on 'Wiki' hadn't realized that the farmhouse that is there now was once an inn, (The Ostrich) you live and learn! It is on the Ermine street (Roman rd) that also goes through our village also up to the Humber which has been proved to be 'fordable'.

Can You Walk Across the Humber ?
Is it possible to walk across the River Humber at low tide . . . ?

If you live in Yorkshire and gaze longingly across the Humber Estuary to the Golden Shire of Lincolnshire you could be forgiven for being so desperate to escape and find cultural shelter you’d even consider trying to get across on foot :)
The question is can it be done ?
Well, it can indeed . .. but please do not try this at home !

In 1953 Lord Noel-Buxton walked from Yorkshire to Lincolnshire at low tide, it was a 1¾-mile journey took him 70 minutes during which time he was never more than waist deep in water.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts