The 4th emergency service

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, quick question, if I may. I have a large twin axle (nothing to do with compensating for certain body parts, but I am extremely lazy and like the fixed bed its got), but its been brought to my attention that if I were to break down on the road (as apposed to mentally) I might not be covered by my vehicle recovery insurance (RAC). Has anyone else had problems in this respect, and if so, how did you get round them?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I gave up on the RAC a few years ago when neither I (nor the Caravan Club!) could get a straight answer on receovery of caravans. I joined More Th>an and am very pleased so far. Full European cover for just over

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The AA's claim to be the 4th emergency service is a fraud. Coastguard, Mountain Rescue, Forest Ranger and Blood Transfusion Services all rank higher - in that they can use blue lights just like the 3 normal emergency services. All breakdown services are rated the same, just like any local garage. To answer the original question, all the recovery services, except Mayday, apply restrictions on size of caravan. Even Green Flag apply restrictions if you buy direct but not if you buy through CC Mayday, even though they use Green flag!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts