The Art of Conversation Thread

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
The above topic was going to be moved to its proper place, as it was in the wrong forum, however, as the thread had , yet again, ended up in postings which contavene the "Forum Etiquette", it has been permanently deleted.

Deletion of threads will continue to happen whenever they fail to abide by the rules of posting.

G

To be very PC Lol.

I think it a polyunsaturated low fat chance !

After all you have a sense of humour.

Failed ar first hurdle ;-)

Go on Mod , give us a smile for once .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can understand the need for moderating forums, but this is the most strictly moderated forum I have come across, reminds me of being at school. Fully exepecting to see someone sent to the corner with their back to the class.

Freedom of speach doesnt seem to exist here, I am not refering solely to the 4x4 threads, but if someone posts something that is likely to upset advertisers it gets closed or removed.

Moderate by all means but dont treat the members like children.

After all most member buy the magazine so without them PC wouldnt exist.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
I can understand the need for moderating forums, but this is the most strictly moderated forum I have come across, reminds me of being at school. Fully exepecting to see someone sent to the corner with their back to the class.

Freedom of speach doesnt seem to exist here, I am not refering solely to the 4x4 threads, but if someone posts something that is likely to upset advertisers it gets closed or removed.

Moderate by all means but dont treat the members like children.

After all most member buy the magazine so without them PC wouldnt exist.
Please don't mention 4x4's!!!

I can't take any more!!!!!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Did someone mention 4x4's?

Seriously, regards strict moderating:

I helped mod' the 'Land Rover enthusiast' magazine's Forum and the way they used to stick their noses into our job was terrible. We would moderate a certain individual and because they were an advertiser, LRe would reinstate the post. Certain advertisers also had the say over us and that was bad both for the forum and for morale within the forum.

At the end of the day, like it not the advertisers are calling the shots on all magazine based forums. If they don't like the way a thread is heading, you can guarantee it'll get some heavy-handed moderating!

Thankfully it disappeared to be replaced by two excellent forums, both independant although one is now supported by LRM and OEC4x4.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts