The Cadac is packed.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We bought the Cadac in spring 2017 and apart from a single use at Crossways that year it has spent its time loafing around the place. On the two occasions we were able to grab a few days away the weather wasn’t for eating al fresco.

But after moving home four weeks ago we’ve brought the van out of store and it’s parked it on one of the drives, not offending anyone’s eyes. With the weather forecast looking good we decided to make a run for it and also take the Cadac too. So all being well it’s off to the Forest of Dean for a few days before the plumbers, wardrobe fitters and electricians arrive next week.

Not being over ambitious though as we’ve only booked a trip in August for a week away with granddaughter, and we looking for somewhere in Suffolk for our 50th in September. Fingers crossed time.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Our Cadac is always packed. In fact i am just about to buy another Cadac as the first one is all but worn out. Had a Beauclaire before that.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The storms in Cornwall in new year 2017/8, Beast from the East, fog in Shropshire and new year 2018/9 tended to mitigate against outside cooking and dining. That’s the OC caravan diary since buying the cadac and dining at Crossways. But the compensation was the increased trade to local watering holes.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Arrived at 1145 at campsite barrier to find a missed call from my fathers care home. That’s the third time this has happened in 12 months on caravan trips. We’ve checked in and haven’t unpacked anything. May be a return home trip tomorrow. But the views are gorgeous and it’s the first time in four trips to Bracelands that I’ve seen leaves on the trees.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I feel for you. We have been in that situation before and its awful. Hope everything is OK and you get to carry on with your trip.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Clive
Sorry to hear this Clive
Five weeks ago we cancelled a trip to Shropshire. My 93 year old mum had another fall. She lives in North Devon.
Hope your dad gets is ok.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
OC , I think remembering your south west ish, Houghton Mills a National Trust site, near Huntingdon is nice an old CC site. Nice village Two pubs near a very safe river for the dogs and children to swim in. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays/waterclose-meadows-campsite.
or another nice site.
http://www.willowscaravanpark.com/

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
OC , I think remembering your south west ish, Houghton Mills a National Trust site, near Huntingdon is nice an old CC site. Nice village Two pubs near a very safe river for the dogs and children to swim in. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/holidays/waterclose-meadows-campsite.
or another nice site.
http://www.willowscaravanpark.com/

Hutch
Thank you for the information. Must admit we haven’t really thought of National Trust sites but I will look it up and mark it for BU in the future. We made our four nights at Bracelands and it was so nice to be away in nice weather. Our daughter was in regular contact with my fathers nursing home and talking nurse to nurse so we felt able to proceed with our break.

Thank you to all for their warm comments.

And yes the Cadac Grillogaz did its stuff superbly.

37-D5-CA14-6-DD7-44-E9-8-B75-B2-FB84-CC0-CAE.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Darn Typical, weather has been great, mowed the lawn last Sunday, thought lets get out in the van, now how many dogs do we have , oh yes our two angels, Nephews two dogs, Holly the Collie, Daisey the Westie, and our sons three legged girl, Where would they all sleep in the van, what would it be like if it rained. Decided to stay at home. Down to three dogs tonight,
Ah the love of caravans and Dogs, thankfully the fish stay at home.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts