Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

We booked up with the ccc last year when we were going to alton towers for the weekend a few days before we went the site phoned to tell us that the site was bogged and advised us not to turn up so we cancelled the booking and asked for our money back.We were told that they dont do refunds and the money will be held in a holding account for us until we booked another site and it would be used then to.

A year later we have decided not to rejoin the ccc and ive sent a letter to them asking for a refund about 4 weeks ago and i still havent heared anything so im thinking they might not refund it.

Has anyone had a similar experiance with the ccc?

Andy

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
They can refuse a refund if you cancel, but if they cancel they haven't got a leg to stand on, whatever the terms say.

Threaten the small calims court if you get no satisfaction.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Write a letter giving them 14 days to return your money, with the interest it woul dhave gained, then issue a small claims action against them.

It will cost you to register the claim, but you reclaim that cost, plus any other costs involved in the final settlement

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rather than threatening litigation, why not ring the C & CC reservation call centre? This could probably be cleared up with a simple phonecall.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi mike,

Yeah i phoned the club and they said to write a letter to the club which i did about a month or so ago and as yet i still havent heard a thing ive had no corrispondance off THEM not a letter and not a phone call nothing.

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Give them a ring and ask them for the date of their oldest item of post. You may well find that your letter is in a pile - many organisations work 2-3 weeks in arrears, and the club might have a backlog.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
This thread raises an interesting point,I joined the C and CC about five years ago and only visited acouple of sites mainly because on three occasions they have told me not to come as the site is boggy (different sites each time)I have not had this problem in 30 years with the caravan Club,why should that be or is it simply down to the quality of the infrastructure at the sites.

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
hi, another question about ccc, Our membership is up for renewal i was thinking about not renewing it this year as they only have one site in northern ireland and we dont intend going to it. Only problem is we have our caravan insured with them (renewal not up till sept)if we do not renew our membership does anyone know will that affect our insurance.

jennifer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts