The Dordogne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Following on from my recent post, can anybody recommend any good sites in the Dordogne.

As we have a quite large van (7.5m) the pitch size must be reasonable and also the site access needs to be fairly easy.

We are not bothered about wanting disco's on site or entertainment but however a shop/restaurant would be nice.

Also preferable would be a area that is not miles from anywhere etc.

Regards Nidge

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nidge,

We stayed here: http://www.tourisme.fr/moulin-de-paulhiac/e_index.htm it is a nice site with very friendly owners. Pitch size was absolutely enormous with a view of a corn field at the rear, it was on the extremities of the park. If you consider this site my only negative is the pool is a little small in high season the river running through the site is only a stream, the main river is 10 min easy drive away with everything you would require large boat rides, canoes ect. If you want more info come back to me.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nidge - totally agree with Geoff. The pitches are enourmous. On my last visit I got large single axle (7m) plus awning, gazebo, 2 man tent and large 4*4! Many of the noted sites are within easy travelling distance. One of my favourite French sites actually, although the Dordogne is becoming a little like little Britain these days!

Enjoy

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts