the Dordogne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

had a brill time this year touring the vendee for four weeks, kids are desperate to return. Next year we are looking at the Dordogne, two site we are looking at are. Les Bo Bains & Le Grand Dague. Has anybody got any feedback good or bad on either these sites or the Dordogne its self.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed for 3 weeks at Sarlet this August,brilliant place ,lots to do and see,stayed at CC site Moulin Du Roche. It is a beautiful place however because it is a tourist trap this holiday was the most expensive holiday we have ever taken in France.It is quite a long journey for the children,but the holiday made up for it.We would go again.It is completely different to the Vendee.Go for it!

Catherine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Each to their own.The beaches are lovely though,however Tony was talking about going to the Dordogne.Whats your favourite place then?can we go there? Catherine
Anywhere really. I went to the western part of the river this year beyond Bergerac and quite close to St. Emillion. This was very quiet and what I needed, but not really for a family.

Anywhere near Sarlat is good like Domme.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Each to their own.The beaches are lovely though,however Tony was talking about going to the Dordogne.Whats your favourite place then?can we go there? Catherine
Hi, I'm in agreement with Evans on this one. We did go to the Vendee once. We saw a beautiful sunset but other than that it's nothing to write home about. On the other hand, Provence, Camargue, Alpine areas, Burgundy, Loire.......roll on next summer!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When first timers ask me where to go in France, I always say 'The Dordogne'; a wonderful region, but for me too full of English people.
Have you ever taken you caravan to the Jura region.Stayed there in a static had a lovely holiday. we would like to go with our caravan

but a bit worried about the mountain roads.

Catherine

G

spent 2 months in the Dordogne this year for the first time, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Outside the months of July/August it is peaceful and quiet. We stayed at a place called Le Bugue just south of Perigeux on a wonderful site. Can't remember how to spell the name properly but it was similar to 'Val de Marquis'. It is listed in the Caravan Club guide.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts