The dresded damp

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
I have a lunar delta 1996 ish only been caravaning 3 years, and just had a recient srvice, inforomed by company that the van has damp readings of between 15 to 30 % highest mostly in the roof area. there are no visable damp signs at all. would the recent snow ice contribute to this ? would leaving a heater on with ventilation help reduce it ? or should I just crack on and forget about it ? ( due to the age and the cost of possible repaires, ) any opinions welcome,

Phill

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
for the last 7 years we have only been resealing for readings 30% or above. i would suggest a retest in 3-4mths is required. in a 1996 vintage i would expect those readings and say it was quite normal in a 14yr old caravan.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would want to know exactly where the damp is. if it is near a roof vent, then probably all it needs is resealing.

The current weather is certainly not helpful, and I would expect some higher readings than would be considered normal.

A recheck of the affected ares would be wise in about 3 months.

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all your replys to my question, I think I will re-seal the vents, any any thing esle up there when the weather gets a little better. Phill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts