The Glorious 12th

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks BB, yes last few years since retirment and lock down 1 Have been hampered by different problems, 18 Months of dental, appointments, new Crowns needed, and an implant, Indegestion pains , which were thought to be heart turned out were Gall bladder. Similar for Mrs H.
So streaching out and touching our King Ebony African Heads for luck, we will get away in May. Not sure which way first, North or South. Look at the weather map I think, See which way Gagakev, goes and go the other way. .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When I was working, in Nigeria, we would be over to France every 12 weeks for a month all year round for 5 years. Since retirment we have been stagnant ,from going in the van to Europe, visited Friends in Switzerland many times, without the van, but we have saved a lot of money, food is so expensive over there.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When I was working, in Nigeria, we would be over to France every 12 weeks for a month all year round for 5 years. Since retirment we have been stagnant ,from going in the van to Europe, visited Friends in Switzerland many times, without the van, but we have saved a lot of money, food is so expensive over there.
We also been through Switzerland if I can remember food was very expensive but beautiful scenery

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
We’ve just booked our first weekend away for the 23rd, going to Oxon Hall, Shrewsbury. Been there a lot, very convenient and a lovely tow from LLangollen.
We were tempted to go to Betws y Coed but that will have to wait until May.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We’ve just booked our first weekend away for the 23rd, going to Oxon Hall, Shrewsbury. Been there a lot, very convenient and a lovely tow from LLangollen.
We were tempted to go to Betws y Coed but that will have to wait until May.

Kev
Hi Kev I hope you have a nice weekend break at Oxon Hall Shrewsbury (y)

Reactions: Kevin M
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Very doubtful we will be away before 17 th May, similar reasons to,Hutch. That said my very long term friends aka The Amigos have an outside table booked at The Red Lion on the 12th April😋😋😋😋😋
And I have a few things to fix on the Wyoming. Why do things go wrong when she hasn’t been used much for a year??
DD that why we always give the caravan a service just check everything is ready for the first break so I hope you get the the things fixed good luck

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Both my wife and I got our haircut yesterday, possibly the one thing hat was getting to me. More important for my poor wife who relied on the hairdresser to stop her going grey.
Will have to look at the optician and dentist next.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats it, time to get my coat on, and take the Dog for a gentle stroll round to the pub to see some friends, that we have missed for the last couple of months. The dog will be happy to get his small pot of Guiness tops.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thats it, time to get my coat on, and take the Dog for a gentle stroll round to the pub to see some friends, that we have missed for the last couple of months. The dog will be happy to get his small pot of Guiness tops.
Hope you have a nice time at the pub with friends enjoy

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I will report back as to the majority. At least, how many of them are on the M6! 😀
mel
[/QUOTE

Reporting back as promised. M6 busy but not congested (J16-20). Passed some caravans and motor homes but not as many as I was expecting. The M56 and A55 had a couple of points of congestion but generally flowed OK. Van ( on seasonal pitch) still there and in one piece. Couple of spots of mould in the fridge and some breakfast cereal, biscuits and rice that was well passed its sell by date ( even for me, who isn’t picky about such things). Otherwise all OK. Sun is shining and it is good to be here.
Hope everyone else fares as well.
Mel

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Well like Mel promised to report back-from Newark-when i remembered to count, to Lllanelli where we're staying-beautiful little site, i counted 92 caravans-had i been counting motorhomes i'd have had brain frazzle! Absolutely heaving with them! Gloucester services caravan park was full and we had a bit of a worry about getting out once in! Site we're on is full too but it's a tranquil site so v quiet. VVVV happy that the caravan seems to work inc the cupboard doors, and that i could remember what to do. Nice easy 230mile drive with a slight delay on the m5 on the edge of Bristol -did that as the preferred route was delayed too. The Nav averaged 26mpg towing booze for at least a month, foodfor the week and a 2 tonne caravan! V happy.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well like Mel promised to report back-from Newark-when i remembered to count, to Lllanelli where we're staying-beautiful little site, i counted 92 caravans-had i been counting motorhomes i'd have had brain frazzle! Absolutely heaving with them! Gloucester services caravan park was full and we had a bit of a worry about getting out once in! Site we're on is full too but it's a tranquil site so v quiet. VVVV happy that the caravan seems to work inc the cupboard doors, and that i could remember what to do. Nice easy 230mile drive with a slight delay on the m5 on the edge of Bristol -did that as the preferred route was delayed too. The Nav averaged 26mpg towing booze for at least a month, foodfor the week and a 2 tonne caravan! V happy.
I am pleased you have arrived at your site safely I hope you have a great break away with decent weather .

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A good trip down for you, weather looks chilly but not bad, very jealous for you. Have a great time.
Never the less I had a nice pub lunch with Mrs H and friends.
Have a good time away.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well had my second jab a week ago. So rang one of my favourite CL. Asked if he had a free pitch, saying, I'm free go any time you have one. he said how about 17th next Saturday. yes please.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well had my second jab a week ago. So rang one of my favourite CL. Asked if he had a free pitch, saying, I'm free go any time you have one. he said how about 17th next Saturday. yes please.
If there is a pub nearby, private message me the site. .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts