THE LAURELS @ WADEBRIDGE

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone been here? we are booked to go in July, the site has changed ownership since we booked, just wondered what it's like and is there much to do?

Thanks

Lolly x

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lolly its a very nice place if you like back to nature sites. Its a pig farm and the nice thing is the farmer tells you which pig is being slaughtered so if it looks a young one you can order nice lean bacon rashers and pork sausages, freshly made on the farm.

The pigs get all healthy food, no slops for them. In fact after the farmers fed them we just nipped over the fence and got some swedes, carrots, sprouts etc. OK they had been in the pens and were a bit mucky but soon cleaned up :O)

The downside is the cockerel at that time of year, dawn, and one starts and they all start but it does have an advantage. The hens are free range so you just help yourself to the eggs if you get up when he starts crowing. Oh I forgot, the cockerel starts the donkey braying.

The dogs are very friendly for farm dogs, we found them in our van a few times helping themselves to our food. We soon learned to keep the fridge locked though, crafty blighters that they were.

I do wish the farmer would look after their coats though because they are matted with cow dung and it got on our cushions in the van. The cats are mangey things though, although having the cats must be a good thing because we only ever saw 4 rats while there.

The milk is fresh too lolly, straight from the cows titties, you dont even have to warm it up to go on your porridge.

If you have nice summers evenings whilst there, theres nothing nicer than sitting outside the van drinking the farmers home made rough scrumpy. He makes it in the traditional way so I think thats how it gets its tang. Thats where the donkeys come in, the apples are tipped into a stone trough and the donkey walks around on a yoke crushing the apples.

The main problem, which I believe is due to it being an organic farm, is the flies and smells from manure being tipped over all fields including the field behind the site. If you have dogs though lolly they will be on cloud 9 with all the smells of poo in the fields.

It truly is an experience which I'm sure you will enjoy. Give my regards to Giles and his wife Henrietta please lolly and to his mother. She's the one with one tooth in the middle of her mouth (central eating).

Just kiddin' :OP

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Lolly its a very nice place if you like back to nature sites. Its a pig farm and the nice thing is the farmer tells you which pig is being slaughtered so if it looks a young one you can order nice lean bacon rashers and pork sausages, freshly made on the farm.

The pigs get all healthy food, no slops for them. In fact after the farmers fed them we just nipped over the fence and got some swedes, carrots, sprouts etc. OK they had been in the pens and were a bit mucky but soon cleaned up :O)

The downside is the cockerel at that time of year, dawn, and one starts and they all start but it does have an advantage. The hens are free range so you just help yourself to the eggs if you get up when he starts crowing. Oh I forgot, the cockerel starts the donkey braying.

The dogs are very friendly for farm dogs, we found them in our van a few times helping themselves to our food. We soon learned to keep the fridge locked though, crafty blighters that they were.

I do wish the farmer would look after their coats though because they are matted with cow dung and it got on our cushions in the van. The cats are mangey things though, although having the cats must be a good thing because we only ever saw 4 rats while there.

The milk is fresh too lolly, straight from the cows titties, you dont even have to warm it up to go on your porridge.

If you have nice summers evenings whilst there, theres nothing nicer than sitting outside the van drinking the farmers home made rough scrumpy. He makes it in the traditional way so I think thats how it gets its tang. Thats where the donkeys come in, the apples are tipped into a stone trough and the donkey walks around on a yoke crushing the apples.

The main problem, which I believe is due to it being an organic farm, is the flies and smells from manure being tipped over all fields including the field behind the site. If you have dogs though lolly they will be on cloud 9 with all the smells of poo in the fields.

It truly is an experience which I'm sure you will enjoy. Give my regards to Giles and his wife Henrietta please lolly and to his mother. She's the one with one tooth in the middle of her mouth (central eating).

1st class site then!!

I've read and re-read this months mag, can't for the life of me understand why it's not listed - what are people missing out on!!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
FAO Lord B.

Nearly fell off my seat laughing whilst I was reading this.

Your postings are a danger to health :) Took twice as long to read the article as I had to keep stopping to wipe the tears away.

Years ago we had an estate agent who described properties in the same manner and he was extremely popular.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Glad you thought it funny Maureen but sadly it does have its implications. When I start typing it out I'm actually there living it :O( Surely in this day and age theres some form of medication I can take now that they have closed all the funny farms, thats with the exception of the funny farm that lolly is going too ;O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
What did you decide to do about going here lolly and if so when are you going. I need to book the same dates as you so I dont have to lower myself to doing peasants duties ;O)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site

LOL LOL LOL oH lORD I Have tears !!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site

LOL LOL LOL oH lORD I Have tears !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts