The male/female divide - caravan style.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
gravesyt said:
They way we work together is WE don't!!! they only input from Lady boss is the picking of the site (well she thinks she does)and placing all the stuff we need to take in the hall to packed in the van. :( :( Then next input is from the Boss is on arrival she takes all the extended family (grandkids x 4) to the park for an hr hey presto all done no fighting/augments all makes for a good peaceful trip and having been doing it that way for the last 28 yrs :) having been to together for so long and have been camping now caravanning all that time we have never been away with just the two of us I wouldn't like any other way :)

At least your other half helps with the packing. In our case she does put her clothes out for me to pack and has a check list on her tablet to make sure I have packed everything including many things that live in the caravan. and things we do not take anyway.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The problem with my long haired general is that everything she perceives as breakable has to be wrapped carefully. Even the teapot gets bubble wrap. It takes me longer to unwrap everything than it does to pich, get the services on and put up the awning.
I once explained to her about how torque wrenches should be calibrated. Recently somebody on site asked if I could lend him one, and to my horror, when opening the hard case it comes in, the darn thing was wrapped in pink tissue paper. The looks I got from the bloke were a picture.

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
when I said she packs I MEAN pack the best was last year when we spent 4 wks in Cornwall with just are youngest daughter 10 after a few days I noticed 15 pair of footwear in the awning all hers :dry: I made a comment she went silent asked why she own up their being at least another 10 pairs in the van :( so now what I do now is check and see what's in there and down size it so 60kg becomes 40kg without her knowing and all I say is " you must of forgot to pack it love we can make do can't we honeykins :whistle: "

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Rather carelessly Cyndi has damaged her ligaments in her knee during a over enthusiastic Jui Jitsu manoeuvre, it wasn't me!, the nearly broken nose was, but we don't talk about that!.

Anyway, we are currently away in Orpington for the three mile run and with her on crutches it's become evident what a team we usually are, the difficulties of setting up on your own, from reversing into the pitch to general setting in.

We haven't bothered with the awning as we are only here for three nights but we are away in Devon next month and will be putting the awning up and it's going to be "interesting" on my own.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I would reckon if she can cope with a 3 mile run on crutches she should be able to help you with anything. (Otherwise she's swinging the lead!) ;) ;) ;)

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes,I could of worded that better!.
She is my cheerleader today.

An odd thing happened last night.
We had the heating ticking over, blown air,when we noticed it had cold.
Upon checking, the air being blown was indeed cold, also the water pump was running but no taps were on.
Immediate panic stations as last time this happened the caravan was filling itself with water, but no,all was well.
Had a Condor moment and then tried the 240v lights, nothing.
The trip had gone on the supply post, we were warned they were sensitive so have been boiling water for tea etc on the hob.
As there is no one around us we were told if the trip went in the night to replug on another point and inform them in the morning.
This morning I've tried the heating and it's working fine, maybe a continuous draw caused the trip, I don't know.
What I don't understand is why the pump was running,as soon as the mains were reconnected it switched off!.
Any ideas?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would check the ampage available. If it is 16 then you should not blow the fuse unless you have gone really mad. When I checked the handbook on our Truma system I found it could draw 9 amps on electricity 2 after blowing the fuse on a 10 amp site. If you are on a site with only 10 amps or less then this could easily cause you to blow the fuse and you need to go onto electricity 1 which if I remember limits the draw to 4 amps. At that point if you need heat then I would opt for the gas/electricity mix on 1 assuming your system has those settings.
If you have the older dial types then you may need to have gas either for the water or caravan heating.y

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Must be the season for it, mine done the same at Rutland last week, changinging the pump as the impeller looks worn.

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I remember now doing some washing up before we turned in so it must of been a combination of water heater and heater that tripped it
As for the worn impeller, that's also a good point, the water flow through the tap cannot be described as vigorous, I will look at the pump when we get home.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts