The Site/Forum time setting.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi to Admin/Moderators/Lamplighters.
It would appear that the current time display has not been adjusted to account for the backward shift of the clocks.
Is it me?
I cannot see an adjustable default setting for the time zones across the potential spectrum of Forum Members around the globe.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The website clock adjustment depends on your individual computer settings TR.
If you use Microsoft Windows have a look Here, you can set your device to change the time automatically.
If that doesn't help Google 'how to alter the time on my computer', there appears to be plenty of advice for different systems.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Parksy. With respect,there is nothing wrong with the time setting on my PC indeed it is now showing 22:19hrs.
My query was on the basis that at the time I posted a reply into one of the forum sections the posted time was showing 1hr ahead of my PC clock.

The time on the forum is now showing 11.20PM.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The time shown on the forum on my computer is the correct time.
If the time setting on your computer is showing 22:19 your post was submitted and accepted at 11:20pm as can be seen on the date text above your avatar.
This means that there is a discrepancy of one hour, the extra minute can be accounted for by the time difference between you clicking on 'Save' and your post being processed and appearing on the message board.
The time is now 20:15, this is the correct time on my computer and on the tv teletext and you will see the time that this comment was submitted above my avatar.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Steve......I get the same time as TR
smiley-smile.gif

The forum clock seems to still be set at BST as TR says.
Perhaps it has to be manually reset to GMT and this has not been done.
I am posting at 21.33 and I will see 22.33 above my avatar.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I see from my own previous post that the time is an hour out from the time that I submiitted my post to the time shown.
I'll alert Haymarket but I can't guarantee that they'll re-set their clock.

TRENDING THREADS