The so-called 'The friendly club'!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Having just renewed my membership of both the CC & C&CC after a 2 year absence I am beginning to regret taking on board the C&CC. Since June my husband and I have attended 2 CC and 3 C&CC sites. Sadly, we will only return to one of the C&CC sites (Verwood) as the other two were run appaulingly. So much so that I am in the act of writing to complain about the attitude of the managers, whether they be the site manage or his assistants. Not having been a member for a couple of years we thought that the C&CC sites would have improved dramatically over that time. However, we found that the facalities were even worse than before and that the managers and their assistants seemed to think that the site belonged to them and that we were more of a nuisance than anything. These people should realise that without the club they would be without a job and there is no excuse for them sitting on their backsides leaving the sites to run themselves. The name FRIENDLY should be taken off their logo. The CC sites in comparison were fantastic and much more friendly towards the members. Anyone else had the same experience?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi which sites did you find so bad? i have used verwood often and always been pleased excepet when the only pitch was one of the hard standing which we find these are difficult for the awning and the gravel is sharp and put hole in the groun sheet

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I agree. The Verwood site is excellent. It is the only site this year that appeared to be run well. I was not getting at the Verwood site.

I have stayed on 2 other C&CC sites since the 2nd week in June this year, having reinstated my membership. Neither of them were run well and rules were 'bent' in favour of the wardens. I am not prepared at the moment to name these sites as I am compiling complaints against them. I will let you know what happens.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been a member of both clubs for quite a few years. I have also visited many club sites both CC & C&CC and I would be hard pushed to come out in favour of any one club.

Firstly I feel both are very good and offer their members good value for money for what we pay in membership fees.

I have had bad experiences at both clubs sites with unfriendly wardens but this has been out weighed by the number of excellent wardens who have been very helpful in both clubs.

There are things in both clubs which I like and equally there are dislikes as well as some general observations.

I don't like the charge for arriving early by the C&CC

I do like the help in getting onto a pitch with the C&CC, only some CC help you on a pitch.

Generally the quality of the toilet facilities are better in the CC where as quite a few C&CC sites are fairly dated and in need of refurbishment although the C&CC are gradually updating some of their sites such as Kingsbury etc. and they do have other excellent sites such as Devizes, Blackmore etc. etc. I am sure it is all about money (CC is certainly better off than the C&CC)

If you like tents then only the C&CC alow tents

It is a common and growing problem with many sites club or otherwise that some of the new tents can take up a vast amount of space, just look at the footprint of the large 3 pod tents which have the ability to sleep 12 plus the guy ropes - some pitches just cannot cope. Especially when you consider they also need space for 2 cars, tables, chairs and god knows what else.

I also feel that the C&CC copes with a slightly different market to that of the CC. The C&CC in my opinion is more for families - tents - caravans - motorhomes where as the CC gives the impression of being better suited to couples with caravans and motorhomes.

I like the age concession given by the C&CC at certain times of the season - makes for very cheap camping

The CC has more sites with hard standings where as the C&CC tends for more sites with just grass

These are only a few observations and generalisations and yes my own opinion but overall I think we are very lucky to have 2 clubs in this country which offer such a wide range of sites and facilities

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been a member of both clubs for quite a few years. I have also visited many club sites both CC & C&CC and I would be hard pushed to come out in favour of any one club.

Firstly I feel both are very good and offer their members good value for money for what we pay in membership fees.

I have had bad experiences at both clubs sites with unfriendly wardens but this has been out weighed by the number of excellent wardens who have been very helpful in both clubs.

There are things in both clubs which I like and equally there are dislikes as well as some general observations.

I don't like the charge for arriving early by the C&CC

I do like the help in getting onto a pitch with the C&CC, only some CC help you on a pitch.

Generally the quality of the toilet facilities are better in the CC where as quite a few C&CC sites are fairly dated and in need of refurbishment although the C&CC are gradually updating some of their sites such as Kingsbury etc. and they do have other excellent sites such as Devizes, Blackmore etc. etc. I am sure it is all about money (CC is certainly better off than the C&CC)

If you like tents then only the C&CC alow tents

It is a common and growing problem with many sites club or otherwise that some of the new tents can take up a vast amount of space, just look at the footprint of the large 3 pod tents which have the ability to sleep 12 plus the guy ropes - some pitches just cannot cope. Especially when you consider they also need space for 2 cars, tables, chairs and god knows what else.

I also feel that the C&CC copes with a slightly different market to that of the CC. The C&CC in my opinion is more for families - tents - caravans - motorhomes where as the CC gives the impression of being better suited to couples with caravans and motorhomes.

I like the age concession given by the C&CC at certain times of the season - makes for very cheap camping

The CC has more sites with hard standings where as the C&CC tends for more sites with just grass

These are only a few observations and generalisations and yes my own opinion but overall I think we are very lucky to have 2 clubs in this country which offer such a wide range of sites and facilities
Some CC sites have pitching areas for tents Trewethit farm to name but a few Coljac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts