The so-called 'The friendly club'!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Having just renewed my membership of both the CC & C&CC after a 2 year absence I am beginning to regret taking on board the C&CC. Since June my husband and I have attended 2 CC and 3 C&CC sites. Sadly, we will only return to one of the C&CC sites (Verwood) as the other two were run appaulingly. So much so that I am in the act of writing to complain about the attitude of the managers, whether they be the site manage or his assistants. Not having been a member for a couple of years we thought that the C&CC sites would have improved dramatically over that time. However, we found that the facalities were even worse than before and that the managers and their assistants seemed to think that the site belonged to them and that we were more of a nuisance than anything. These people should realise that without the club they would be without a job and there is no excuse for them sitting on their backsides leaving the sites to run themselves. The name FRIENDLY should be taken off their logo. The CC sites in comparison were fantastic and much more friendly towards the members. Anyone else had the same experience?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about the really unfriendly sites you have encountered. Just thought I should say a word for the three really friendly, helpful CC&C sites we have visited this summer.

First the Chichester Site, most helpful wardens, and excellent spotless facilities. Secondly, have just come back from the Walton-on-Thames site (limited facilities, so no shower block to comment on), again wardens very friendly and the site was very well kept and welcoming. Also visited Slindon which is a small limited facilities site on a real country site (rather difficult to find), the warden again really helpful and friendly to everyone.

I have felt the other club (CC) to be more regimented, at one site the warden made a member take down his awning and move his caravan as he was 12 inches away from the peg!!! We have discontinued our membership of this club this year, as we really do like the 'friendly' club better. Oh well, we are obviously choosing the right sites!! But I must say even with the wide range of sites in both clubs we still choose to stay at private sites on some occasions, these often have good offers on for the over 50's out of school hols etc and work out cheaper than club sites, but we don't choose them just because of this but because they are what we are looking for at the time.

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann, I would add to that the teams at Blackmore and at Sandringham, both of whom have been excellent. We certainly have encountered the odd grumpy character over the years, but the pleasant, helpful people out-number them greatly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about the really unfriendly sites you have encountered. Just thought I should say a word for the three really friendly, helpful CC&C sites we have visited this summer.

First the Chichester Site, most helpful wardens, and excellent spotless facilities. Secondly, have just come back from the Walton-on-Thames site (limited facilities, so no shower block to comment on), again wardens very friendly and the site was very well kept and welcoming. Also visited Slindon which is a small limited facilities site on a real country site (rather difficult to find), the warden again really helpful and friendly to everyone.

I have felt the other club (CC) to be more regimented, at one site the warden made a member take down his awning and move his caravan as he was 12 inches away from the peg!!! We have discontinued our membership of this club this year, as we really do like the 'friendly' club better. Oh well, we are obviously choosing the right sites!! But I must say even with the wide range of sites in both clubs we still choose to stay at private sites on some occasions, these often have good offers on for the over 50's out of school hols etc and work out cheaper than club sites, but we don't choose them just because of this but because they are what we are looking for at the time.

Ann
We just move the peg to suit the vans position,

Roy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
dear ann and roy, surely the wardens arent being picky in asking people to keep to the peg as its only for everyones safety that they do so after all "only 12 inches " is actually a full foot and the required distances are supposed to be kept to

TRENDING THREADS