The thing you aren't told when you buy a big van

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
We have had some issues finding storage for our van (sorted now thank goodness) and its not a twin axle but everywhere near us was already full!
We also found that some places charge a lot more for longer or twin axle vans.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
[sub][/sub]
Martin24 said:
Hmmm, on my third twin axle 26 footer and not had any problems with anything so far. :)
I'm on my first, got a good storage site pick suitable sites with large enough pitch's, having a class 1 helps. And on the South Coast.

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
GrahamE said:
[sub][/sub]
I'm on my first, got a good storage site pick suitable sites with large enough pitch's, having a class 1 helps. And on the South Coast.

I'm on the South Coast too and can handle the outfit so give me a clue! ;)

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
[/quote]
I'm on my first, got a good storage site pick suitable sites with large enough pitch's, having a class 1 helps. And on the South Coast.[/quote]

I'm nealy the same but a few miles from the south coast.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
ricky_s said:
GrahamE said:
[sub][/sub]

Don't know if its too far West in Sussex but the storage is at Bosham.

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
GrahamE said:
ricky_s said:
GrahamE said:
[sub][/sub]

Is that the place where they put your van away for you with a tractor and can store undercover?

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
ricky_s said:
GrahamE said:
ricky_s said:
GrahamE said:
[sub][/sub]

Is that the place where they put your van away for you with a tractor and can store undercover?
They use 4x4's, all gravel yard plus undercover at a cost, double wash bay with centre gantry for cleaning your roof.

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my first twin axel but I have never had a problem. I store with the Camping and Caravanning Club and use two storage facilities regularly.
Living in Weybridge, Surrey, I store at Walton on Thames in the summer as I can get to it easily and even pop in at lunch time as I work up the road if we are preparing to go away. I then take it up to Blackmore at the foot of the Malvern Hills for the winter as they are open all year round and we can use it as a holiday home in the winter months if I don't fancy towing due to the weather.
These sites even offer a tow in and tow out service so if we fancy a weekend end break, I ring up a couple of days before, drive up to the Malverns after work on the Friday and the van is there, on our favourite pitch (if available), waiting for us and we can arrive any time before 23.00. What could be easier?
There are a few sites that have a length restriction, usually due to the shape of the storage facility or the access but most of them are happy to accommodate a twin axel.
You can take a look here.....
http://campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ukcampsites/storageseasonalpitches/
Everyone I have ever encountered at the CCC have been superb and always happy to help or offer advice. They certainly get my vote.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts