Thetford C250 not working

May 24, 2023
Visit site
Hi all, new to Caravaning and after a bit of help.
We have an Abbey Spectrum 215 2008 model, during our first trip out (after we both used the shower) the toilet pump decided to empty the whole cistern and the pump wouldnt stop, had to remove the fuse to stop pump running continuously, after scrolling youtube the general concensus was that condensate had caused the pcb to short, which was probably true as it was soaking wet.
After letting it all dry out and replacing the fuse I tried it out but now the pump would not work.
Bought a new pcb, but still no joy.
Have checked the current to the pcb with a multi meter and all ok, check the pcb outlet current to the pump while pressing the switch and nothing ( youtube video tip)
have also changed the Reed switch pcb but still no joy, any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Steve.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
first check your connectioms to the PCB, I remember changing mine and not having the connections quite right, tbh I think they are junk and clearly made to a price rather than a quality.
I guess the next test would be to bypass everything and get 12 volts direct to the pump and see if there is any life in it.
I know that my pump siezed as it had a load of the dreaded black goo in it, sometimes you can free it off by moving the impellar with a screwdriver, unfortunately this did not work for me so bought a new pump from amazon. Not a Thetford one as they want silly money for what is just a simple pump.
Just checked, £45 for a Thetford pump and £17 for an alternative version (have been using this one for the last 2 years with no issues)

May 24, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for replying, since my post i had tested the pump and it runs ok, so guess it must be the pcb or connections, will have another go at the connections etc.

Thankyou.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Had a simular problem. After buying new pcb and new pump still no go. The course was the fuse, make sure you check it with a multimetre. May look ok, mine did, but it's not. Clean everything.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also had a problem with our toilet our caravan engineer check the fuse it was corroded change it for new one still no go so we check the control board with the connections with a multimere and found we had a bad connection and we had it rewired to a new pcb and put a pump then tried again it was working .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Morning Steve
Hopefully if you followed all the above advice, you have a new pcb all should be ok?
Feedback does help,us and all Forumites .
We’d love to hear how you got on please👍

Reactions: DaveA1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts