Thetford c250 toilet

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello potential life savers
I would love some advice on how on earth to get into the flush system on my loo in my lunar clubman. we purchased it from Coupland Caravans in Louth Lincolnshire and took out the warranty.Prior to this running out we booked in for a service where damp had been detected so they thankfully wanted to get it sorted however saying Lunar spares take a while to get in so a temporary repair was done and we were "good to use it", When i bought the van home i noticed the back lights were permanently on even though it wasn't connected, Reported this and was told it would be fixed when we bring it in. ANYWAY we were out this week and had to come home early as when we pushed the flush button the water came out under the bowl and not inside it. i've looked on various websites but cant work out how to get in it myself. i've removed the clip at the front as Thetford instruct but cant remove the bowl. I cant even get into the toilet seat set up. i contacted Couplands again today and was informed they are still waiting for the part but have me provisionally booked in on July 3rd....if the part arrives. We took it in on January 6th, 6 MONTHS!!! Not bad that is it, i now cant use the van unless i park next to a toilet block. Unless anyone can help me sort it myself as this is getting ridiculous. :huh: :blink: :sick: :sick:

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I fully understand how frustrating it is that the dealer can't get the parts and fix the toilet properly in a timely fashion.

However I don't see why this means you cannot use the 'van toilet at all? .... can't you just use a container of water to 'flush' it; and even a squirt bottle of cleaner/perfume if you wish?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Why do you want to remove the bowl?
It sounds to me the pump output pipe has come adrift from the rim of the bowl. You can access this once you remove the waste tank. You should be able to feel the pipe or if struggling use a mirror. The lights remain on maybe the pcb is faulty. They are readily available and easy to fit. I’m very surprised you have been waiting six months!
Hopefully the following link will help you to get the pipe reattached making the toilet usable until you dealer changes the ‘part’ whatever it is. I’d love to know!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/DVftHDh2E7U1J7IV7AfLouxElwoNcsR62aKHfSF2MZyG1lp1lfvck1WIt3pjNRrW/file?dl=1

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
What annoys me about is that another dealer shoves out a caravan not fit for purpose to a customer, and now it is a case of running backwards and forwards to get it sorted out, personally I have always been one for direct action if you know what I mean, years ago when I was ripped off with a caravan dealer in the Peterborough we went back to the dealership stood in the showroom and created one almighty scene
, they did not like that and we got sorted out there and then in front of all their customers I really enjoyed that, when we first bought our first caravan I thought this can't be like buying a car and waiting to be ripped off, sorry but the strokes some caravan dealerships pull are just criminal,, I know there are good guys out there but they don't make up for the bad un's,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Dustydog said:
Anseo said:
Dustydog said:
Hi DD,dropbox linky no worky for me :unsure:
Try this and look at parts https://www.thetford-europe.com/download-product/c250/

That works DD, thank you.
Dusty Dog ! Have signed in for your Friday morning Seminar at the Woosie fest. . For the Thetford toilet , Cleaning and maintenance program. There are only 30 places I believe. Please book early.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
]
Dusty Dog ! Have signed in for your Friday morning Seminar at the Woosie fest. . For the Thetford toilet , Cleaning and maintenance program. There are only 30 places I believe. Please book early.

:huh: oWhat worries me is will the toilet have the capacity for thirty sittings, and who's going to empty it? What fluids will be used? And what happens if refuses to flush? :S

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for your help i will check it out.Can you pull out the bit that attaches to the bowl? i dont want to get a screwdriver involved just yet!

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Yep thats my next move, the lady that *just works here" i had the telephone rant at couldnt understand that i am not a customer of Lunars i am a customer of Couplands and if its an issue don't sell Lunar to your customers. Wasn't an issue when the 12k was handed over!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The good news.
No Thetford own brand blue or pink or green .
We only use environmentally friendly blue pink and green.
The Wyoming is eroding her payload with two spare blade mechanisms, C250, spare float , fuses , electrical contact spray, silicon spray, and non Thetford ordinary Andrews soft toilet tissues , plus baby wipes , which do dissolve in the non Thetford solutions.
We have the surgical gloves in two sizes so no excuse for fiddling bogside.
And no one , absolutely no one is using my throne except me , Lady Villa and our dogs.:woohoo:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:

......I don't need a place at the seminar. :lol:

My old Thetford C2 has worked perfectly for 23 years with no breakdowns.

I have only had to replace the automatic vent as the old vent was causing blow backs :eek:hmy: :sick:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
EH52ARH said:

I have only had to replace the automatic vent as the old vent was causing blow backs :eek:hmy: :sick:
Very impressive Bill. Did you ever establish the cause of the blow backs :evil:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:
And no one , absolutely no one is using my throne except me , Lady Villa and our dogs.:woohoo:

It is selfish attitudes like this that cause disharmony within the caravaning fraternity.

I could perhaps understand if the facility was unavailable between midnight and 0600 hours (so that the dogs can get some peace and quiet), but a blanket ban?........despicable.

You could at least provide an external portaloo in your awning and leave the awining light on 247.

OH! and a plentiful supply of hand sanitiser, a waste disposal receptacle and Renova toilet paper.

Piped music would be a nice touch.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Anseo said:
Dustydog said:

It is selfish attitudes like this that cause disharmony within the caravaning fraternity.

I could perhaps understand if the facility was unavailable between midnight and 0600 hours (so that the dogs can get some peace and quiet), but a blanket ban?........despicable.

You could at least provide an external portaloo in your awning and leave the awining light on 247.

OH! and a plentiful supply of hand sanitiser, a waste disposal receptacle and Renova toilet paper.

Piped music would be a nice touch.
I do have a bucket for emergencies . Any offers for someone to empty it. :blink:
I’ll deal with the dog crèche tomorrow :blink: :dry:
Still trying to sort out the food menu and breed inter relationships.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:

Gafferbill said:

Dustydog said:
Very impressive Bill. Did you ever establish the cause of the blow backs :evil:

Yes.......the cassettes have to breathe so that there is no build up of pressure and at the same time limit odours to the minimum. :sick:
These vents can fail or get gunged up.........cleaning mine did not stop blow backs but buying a replacement vent did. (circa £15)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts