Thetford C250

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi to all using this cassete.
Its just over a year now since we bought our van with C250 on board and we never seem to be able to use it and the full light to illuminate.
As advised by our dealer I tried Thetfords own toilet tissue but to no avail still the light would not illuminate, so Im off back to the handbook and putting one and half litres of water in cassete to start with and still this was not working so now its do or die so I put around two and a half ltres of water to start with and its much better we have the full light on when full, not the perfect solution so to help a little more i have changed the toilet tissue again to a new from a supermarket and using the extra water all is now fine and I dont have her indoors shouting the bogs full and the light dont work.Im not trying to make out anybody is stupid on here but some loo rolls absorb too much water and this is what happened.
We have been away for three weeks on this break and Ive tried several different things such as cleaning shower . sink and toilet and found that Aldi have a four in one cleaner and does the white plastics a treat.(Spray bottle)
I have also found a twin pack of toilet chemicals and I know you dont need to use the pink but her indoors does likse the perfumed flush so I made a purchase on this twin pack that works better than anything I have used before.
I cant Advertise the product but it does have a Diamond on the bottle and is coloured blue the twin pack costing £14.50 on Ebay(2 Ltr bottles)
Just thought I would give you my experience for the last three weeks,as you can see now who does the cleaning in our caravan.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi again Sir Rog, very interesting bit of research there, with my current van we do not use pink or anything in the flush tank due to the last van being infested with the black algae bits every time you flushed and I use to spend hours at a time before going away trying to rid it of the said algae.
How ever as we spent a full week in the van we did tend to have a few unpleasent odours after a while, and we only did pee pee's and not the woosie thing so I am thinking of giving in and using something. As you have recommened a different one which I didnt know about, I think it may be worth a try but still have that niggly thing in my mind, I just dont want to spend hours cleaning before we go away. Mind you it does say "prevents algae build up"

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
smiley-laughing.gif

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i ONLY fill the tank with a cup off water my way off thinking is tha t the wee is water so wy fill with water to add to the wee witch is water i know it sounds odd but its only water .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
3 1/2 years ago we swapped over to the Elsan blue and pink. The bottles that are sold as a twin pack, with a blue bird and pink bird on the respective bottles. Prior to that Thetfrod had been the main stay. As Kev says we used to get black algae in the flush tank and I have to admit the blue didn't dissolve everything.
With the Elsan the algae has gone and the solids do dissolve, including Andrex super soft. No need to buy that overpriced Thetford paper.
Apparently Thetford products are made in the Netherlands and are not allowed certain chemicals in the production process. Formaldehyde I think. The Elsan is a different chemical make up and imo does a brilliant job at a much cheaper price. Even the paper seems to dissolve well after just a few hours.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
With the Elsan the algae has gone and the solids do dissolve, including Andrex super soft. No need to buy that overpriced Thetford paper.
If this works as well as Sir Roger and DD have stated, I will have to then request that DD upgrades me to an honoury member of the Woosie Club.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
forest gump said:
i ONLY fill the tank with a cup off water my way off thinking is tha t the wee is water so wy fill with water to add to the wee witch is water i know it sounds odd but its only water .

I don't use any water, just put the blue in.
Never use the full light either, just look down the "hole"

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
All i've ever used in this caravan (C250) and my last caravan (C200) is Towsure blue and cheap supermarket loo roll

Light always comes on for me, every tim. But far too often!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts