Thetford C262 toilet probs.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
Collected Bailey Platinum Pursuit last Friday after handover and just returned from Brixham.
I think my knowledge of operating one of these toilets to be pretty good,but have a problem.
I poured a small amount of blue liquid into the holding tank along with about 2 litres of water.
I then poured the pink liquid into to flushing tank(outside) and approx. 5 litres of water.
We only use the toilet for number 1s but every time we used the flush,blue liquid was being squirted around the bowl instead of pink.
After about 3 days, the holding tank did begin to smell pretty bad of urine.(sorry if your just having your tea)
Its almost as though the blue liquid and waste in the tank is being re-flushed around the bowl.
No sign of the pink liquid whatsoever coming through.
Im slightly baffled.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Can't see how the blue you put in the holding tank get from there to the pink flushing tank, Somewhere along the line I would suggest that blue was put in to the pink
flushing tank, don't know if you can flush out the pink holding tank, I have Small rotary pump which I can fit to a power drill, I would fill the blue tank up to the brim with water and pump all the water out till it comes clear,

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
There is a drain **** for the flush tank, have a search around for it.

As camel said, the chemical in the holding tank would not get into the flush tank, so either gremlins or a small lapse of concentration, grape juice can cause the latter :p

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
There is a drain plug I empty my pink tank everytime I break camp open the cassette door and the draining pipe is right up in front of you, like Anseo says to much grape ,

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Grape juice....ha ha...im teetotal.
Yes....all taken on board and will go down and drain some off from the tank.
As you mentioned,there is a posibility ive messed up somewhere.
Next time I go to caravan,I will drain some off and if I have put blue in,will drain completely and refill with pink.
Thank you for all your replies.....will let you know the outcome.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Ha ha....
Nice one otherclive.
I think it may be a case of a senior moment by myself.
Im going down to compound tomorrow afternoon so will have a look.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
just to be careful don't pour the blue down the loo inside but into the cassette via the spout as the chemicals can casue the seal to wrinkle and leak.
If you open the external door there should be a drain pipe near the top - have a watering can ready to drain the flush tank into. Use the flush to squirt out the remainder and refil from scratch.
Presume you have the maual, worth remembering to press the vent button as you pour to empty to save splashbacks! As other have said always empty the cassette before travel. Many at least part empty the flush water to reduce weight while on the road.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
audiorob said:
just to be careful don't pour the blue down the loo inside but into the cassette via the spout as the chemicals can casue the seal to wrinkle and leak.
If you open the external door there should be a drain pipe near the top - have a watering can ready to drain the flush tank into. Use the flush to squirt out the remainder and refil from scratch.
Presume you have the maual, worth remembering to press the vent button as you pour to empty to save splashbacks! As other have said always empty the cassette before travel. Many at least part empty the flush water to reduce weight while on the road.

We always leave a couple of litres of flush fluid, whilst travelling , for emergency stops. :sick:

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
The last few times I have been away I've just put plain water in the flush tank and before that I put a splash of Elsan Organic in there. Since purchasing a bottle of organic fluid for a site with a septic tank I have been converted. It's much nicer to handle than generic blue stuff.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Each litre of water weighs a kg, so a water heater usually in the front o/s locker or a toilet left full is extra tow weight and because of placement may lead to noseweight or stability issues.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Well.....you were right.....I DID put the wrong fluid in the tank.
Went to caravan today and drained the fresh water tank of the remaining blue fluid,put some fresh water in and run that through the system then added the correct pink fluid with about 2 litres of water.
No wonder the waste tank began to smell so strong as the week progressed....lol
Lesson learned I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts