Thetford fridge keeps turning off

Jun 24, 2021
Visit site
I have a 2007 Swift challenger with a Thetford fridge that just keeps turning off? It may stay on for a few hours then it will just turn off completely with no light, no display, no interior light nothing, then all of a sudden it will turn back on again?
I can't get a fault code because it just becomes dead and I can't switch to battery or gas either because it's dead.
Has anyone else experienced this or know anything that maybe at fault?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have a 2007 Swift challenger with a Thetford fridge that just keeps turning off? It may stay on for a few hours then it will just turn off completely with no light, no display, no interior light nothing, then all of a sudden it will turn back on again?
I can't get a fault code because it just becomes dead and I can't switch to battery or gas either because it's dead.
Has anyone else experienced this or know anything that maybe at fault?

Hi and welcome.

Can’t help much help, but wonder if the supply is consistent, perhaps an intermittent poor connection. Perhaps the fridge is fine.

John

Reactions: HappyCamper
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi ,an luck finding the problem?we have exactly the same set up and fridge and the same problem....

TIA
A common fault with Thetford fridge is that the PC Board gets corroded causing all sorts of issues. New they are expensive, but cheaper than buying anew fridge however I have been told that there is a company that refurbishes the old PC board. I do not know their name but a Google may help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts