Thetford Locker Door catch repair

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Our (2014 as a I recall) Bailey Ancona GT65's front locker doors no longer lock or even shut properly because the flimsy "Lock plate fixation" guides for the Lock Plate itself have crumbled. I think we haven't helped by slamming it shut whilst the key is in the locked position so, one way or another, they need replacing but I'm struggling to find a retailer. Its relatively easy to find a "Thetford Locker Repair Kit" online except the pictured parts are not for our FD3 type doors. Am about to email Thetford themselves but as I presume I'd ultimately have to go via a retailer I thought I'd enquire here to cover all bases.

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Well, no ideas here nor word yet from Thetford themselves, so I've made my own replacement pieces from L-section aluminum from a recent Homebase store closure, plus a brazing kit from B&Q to join two sections into the necessary shape! Even though I say so myself, it works more positively and solidly than the original. I took a photo but seems there's no direct means to upload.

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Possibly though I didn't email them, I must admit, on the grounds of earlier experience with similar question they bounced me to Prima Leisure or whatever their preferred parts partner is called, who don't appear to stock the bits, and secondly a Bailey approved dealer I queried it with whilst having warranty work done (do all Bailey caravans have damp in the toilet .... so I hear !) said it would be a case of a complete new door, and I further note Thetford appear not to list the FD3 as a current model despite it being only c.2014 from new. I know Prima Leisure's search features are not the worst but not the best either ... Enter your VIN number supposedly to find products matching your precise vehicle and what comes up first every time .... Autoglym cleaning potions?!?!? They seriously under-estimate customers' intelligence.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts