Thetford Locker Door Problem!

Jul 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

New member. I have a Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona 2016. The front exterior locker door won’t close and from what I have already researched I might have to replace it which sounds like a nightmare. In my mind the white lock cover and long vertical door catch part should just need replaced. Does anyone know if the white cover part and inner door catch can be replaced … here is a photo of the working door on other side… the door catch is the plastic long thin piece with bits jutting out ever so often (sorry bad at explaining).

Attachments

• IMG_9503.jpeg
    IMG_9503.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janice
Without seeing it it is hard to fully understand your issue.
Is it the hinges that have failed causing the locking problem or the locking mechanism and / or the strike plate.
However plenty of spares are available from whole new doors to parts.

May be worth having a word with Thetfords help,desk?

Reactions: JaniceM8888
Jul 19, 2024
Visit site
It’s not the hinge and I don’t think it’s the lock. What is the strike plate? The white cover has come off where the lock is. And that plastic vertical strip has broken too. The door won’t click closed. Just flaps open.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi Janice
Welcome to the forum
The photo you have posted is of the working door could you please post a photo of the broken door?

Gra

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Janice Welcome to the forum some one will be able to help you on this but not me sorry but i probably ask a caravan dealer he might be able to give you advice .

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

New member. I have a Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona 2016. The front exterior locker door won’t close and from what I have already researched I might have to replace it which sounds like a nightmare. In my mind the white lock cover and long vertical door catch part should just need replaced. Does anyone know if the white cover part and inner door catch can be replaced … here is a photo of the working door on other side… the door catch is the plastic long thin piece with bits jutting out ever so often (sorry bad at explaining).
Hi

I think I had the same problem as you. The small round white plastic circle piece next to the label in my van had popped partially out. Door would not close properly. Pushing it in seemed to work to close it, but locking was a bit hit or miss.
My quick fix was Duck tape to keep the round piece from popping out. The door closed, and remained closed although not always locked. TBH, our van is 12 years old so I just leave that compartment empty apart from some levelling planks of wood..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts