Thetford Toilet - C4..?

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone...

This might be a daft question but Im not totally sure how to refill our toilet flush tank which I think is a Thetford C4 - manual flush caravan is Elddis Avante (Elusion) 2003.

We have the hatch above the cassette outside but there is no actual filler cap just a grey pipe which cant be accessed...does anyone know do you just pour the liquid etc.. straight in there..?

When we bought the caravan in the summer the owners had it ready to go..never thought to ask about filling the toilet. They even left us some fluid for refilling it.

I didnt want to get water/fluid all down the back of the toilet - seems strange they didnt put in an actual filler cap etc.. Ive goggled it and noticed others do have this.

Also is there a handle for opening the valve to allow the waste to go straight to the tank/cassette?

Again googled this but doesn't seem to be one that I can see under the seat?- yet on pics etc.. of other models I can see the valve release. When we were away the last time when I went to remove the cassette everything came flooding out - nice..! LOL Ended up in a whole cleaning session...! Luckily we had a rule no No.2's...LOL

I'm sure this is probably simple - but just getting used to everything that needs done...

Cheers for any tips...:)

James

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Is this the manual for it?

click here

It shows opening the outside door, swing out a filler pipe, put in water.

Cheers for that link woodlands camper - we dont have the filler spout in the cassette compartment - though ours has a swivel seat and its a push flush - actually looks a lot like the one with electronic flush but unfortunately it hasnt... I think the electronic flush is a C250...?

I'll have a look again at the door above the cassette compartment and see what its like inside - Ive a feeling the liquid is poured straight in. I have it at my sisters so need to get round again later in the week.

Cheers in the meantime....

James

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It would be very helpful to have some pictures of your toilet, one inside, one showing the cassette with door open and one of the hatch above the cassette door.

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
If you go to the Thetford EU site, look up your toilet (C200CWE) you will find the operating instructions.

]http://www.thetford-europe.com/product-category/toilets/cassette-toilets/
http://www.thetford-europe.com/product-category/toilets/cassette-toilets/[/quote
Cheers for that Damian...I was about to post up some pics of the toilet and outer doors - I'll add these anyway - so Ive found the lever to open the valve - but as regards filling the flush tank - I notice there seems to be a pipe going into the top door..Ive some pics here and one of the filler door with the door opened...

Elusion 534 Toilet Pics

Im thinking maybe the fluid goes straight into this...?

Cheers

James

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
Yes, flush tank water goes into the flap shown in picture 143612. On our van the instruction say to fill up until the water just laps the horizontal ledge.

Cheers Woodlands Camper...

That's that sorted then..I'll know from now on...Ive the manual on the PC now as well so I'll have a look through it...

James..:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts