Thetford toilet no power

Jun 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi forum folk
We've bought a Sterling Eccles Sport 544 caravan with the rear bathroom and the Thetford toilet doesn't seem to flush on the button or show when full. Tried battery and mains use. Fuse is No.8 I believe and that's okay as it powers the water pumps which work. Visible cabling in the outside cassette compartment seems fine. Any suggestions?

ALSO- anybody know if a fixed mattress from a 554 is the same size as the dinette bed area on my 544? We may need to buy a full mattress, but I can't find reference to size online and van is in storage a way away.

Many thanks for help.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi forum folk
We've bought a Sterling Eccles Sport 544 caravan with the rear bathroom and the Thetford toilet doesn't seem to flush on the button or show when full. Tried battery and mains use. Fuse is No.8 I believe and that's okay as it powers the water pumps which work. Visible cabling in the outside cassette compartment seems fine. Any suggestions?

ALSO- anybody know if a fixed mattress from a 554 is the same size as the dinette bed area on my 544? We may need to buy a full mattress, but I can't find reference to size online and van is in storage a way away.

Many thanks for help.
Hi. This problem is covered elsewhere but there is more than one thing that causes your problem. Is your toilet the C250?now you could look in your cassete locker and see if you have a fuse in the right hand corner .Check this out it maybe your problem.If there is no fuse in the corner then maybe have a look at the board inder the the flush button. Gently peel back the foil and carfull remove the board you should find a block connector attached to the board ,have some switch cleaner hand NOT WD 40remove block connector carefully cleaner the terminals on the board and replace hopefully you will now have a working toilet.It is possible if youfine the fuse in the cassette housing this will cure the probem. Good Luck I hope it goes well for you.
Sir Roger

May 16, 2022
Visit site
Brother had a similar problem on a Bessacar. On his if you remove the toilet cassette and look right at the back, he had a small circuit board and a fuse. The fuse there became calcified we removed it and cleaned all contacts and replaced fuse, all worked fine.
good luck.

Jun 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi. This problem is covered elsewhere but there is more than one thing that causes your problem. Is your toilet the C250?now you could look in your cassete locker and see if you have a fuse in the right hand corner .Check this out it maybe your problem.If there is no fuse in the corner then maybe have a look at the board inder the the flush button. Gently peel back the foil and carfull remove the board you should find a block connector attached to the board ,have some switch cleaner hand NOT WD 40remove block connector carefully cleaner the terminals on the board and replace hopefully you will now have a working toilet.It is possible if youfine the fuse in the cassette housing this will cure the probem. Good Luck I hope it goes well for you.
Sir Roger
Thanks for the swift response. I'll check this out when I get back to it next weekend.

Jun 4, 2022
Visit site
Brother had a similar problem on a Bessacar. On his if you remove the toilet cassette and look right at the back, he had a small circuit board and a fuse. The fuse there became calcified we removed it and cleaned all contacts and replaced fuse, all worked fine.
good luck.
Thanks for the swift response. I'll check this out when I get back to it next weekend. You're the second to explain about the hidden fuse so 🤞

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts