They live amongst us!

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Have not been on the roads for 3 days due to the snow and Ice but had to go and help a lady friend today and we needed a few food supplies.
Despite all the warnings about prosecutions for not clearing snow from car rooves they are out there. Brainless monkeys behind the wheels of cars squinting through icy windscreens over 8 - 12 inches of snow on the bonnet whilst creating blizzard like conditions with snow blowing off their cars and huge lumps of snow recoating cleared roads. And to top it all a Ford Focus estate in a natty dayglo yellow and blue on white that would have obviously been recognised as a police car if the snow wasn't covering the roof lights pod and the back of the car until it had spread its snow load far and wide for a mile and a half
smiley-cry.gif

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Walked to the shops yesterday for milk etc. the first car I saw had 8" of snow all over it the only driver vision a 12" hole in the snow on the drivers side of the windscreen, all other windows completely iced over.He/she wasn't hanging around on the icy roads either.

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Friday mid day, crossing road near roundabout as it had been snowing for nor more than 5 mins. Roads had been clear but due to extreme cold the snow had already coated the road in a fine bead like form. Lady (40ish) driver came in to the roundabout without slowing, I stepped back from the kerb thinking WT is she doing, as she turned right the car just slid sideways in to the trafic island thet luckily has a sloping kerb. She was sat shaking white as the snow facing the roundabout. Her car was fine and had just missed hitting a sign post.
"I don't understand what happened" she said as she got out the car. I couldn't help myself and said " you skidded on snow and ice as you're stupid and didn't slow down, did you not see the snow". She looked very flustered "its only been snowing for a few minutes"
smiley-undecided.gif

"so you think you can drive on light snow in -2 on icy roads without slowing before turning"
. She took it well and I showed her that she'd not hit the post ( stopped about a 1/2 inch from it ), as she got in her car she said "I'll remember STUPID" and gave a nervous laugh.
I didn't know that she a friend of my wife, just came to pick her up. Told her husband that she'd been told she was stupid, his reaction was "YES" and "GOOD". She's now been booked on his companies staff driver winter driving and skid pan course this morning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts