This may be asking a bit too much

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
I would love to combine my 2 hobbies (Caravanning and Scuba Diving) I know this is probably asking a little too much, however, is anyone aware of any sites in the UK that have on site scuba diving facilities?

cheers

rick

G

You may be better to look at it from the scuba side of things first. Look at where the main facilties are for that and then check what sites are available nearby. I doubt you will get too much for both on the same spot, unless there is a commercial one. You could also try the CL/CS network as there may be opportunities there.

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
oban divers have a site on the outskirts of oban, it was run by dave tye but dont know if it is still him.

used to use it when i was diving over 20years ago.[health and family called a halt to it]

there is bunk rooms drying rooms and boats for hire or there was.

it was a great site not far from the CC site.

myra

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
i have dived at stoney cove in leicestershire and stayed at a cl

only 10mins drive away (i think 3 miles) have a look at their website www.victoria-farm.org

norfolk bill

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
I'm a diver frustrated by lack of dives done this year so interested in this post as well. There is a campsite at St Abbs that had its own compressor when I was there about 8 years ago but not sure if its still there or what its called. There's also a site near Abersoch run by an old guy with a compressor. I've been there for fills a couple of times but the site is nothing to write home about. If you wanna dive at Capernwray then Holgates is only 15mins away & is a great site with indoor pool, bar, meals etc. Its expensive to stay there but top notch & open all year except for a few weeks in January i think.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi Glenn

I'm definately not frustrated by lack of dives, I ike to try and keep on the good side of my non diving otherhalf. I'm pretty sure if we went away for a week in the caravan, and I disappeared off for the day diving, she may be a little put out. She has no interest in diving and wouldnt want to come with me anyway, however if we were pitched at a dive site, I can at least spend a little of the surface time with her between dives

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi Glenn

I'm definately not frustrated by lack of dives, I ike to try and keep on the good side of my non diving otherhalf. I'm pretty sure if we went away for a week in the caravan, and I disappeared off for the day diving, she may be a little put out. She has no interest in diving and wouldnt want to come with me anyway, however if we were pitched at a dive site, I can at least spend a little of the surface time with her between dives
Just as an update, for anyone else in this position. The guys at Yorkshire Divers came up trumps.

http://www.ellertonpark.com/
cheers

rick

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Richard the site Glenn was referring to was Scoutscroft in Coldingham which is the village before St Abbs and it still has a compressor. I grew up in this area and did a lot of diving. The Oban Divers site at Oban is nolonger run by Dave Tye but by a very grumpy Angus. The site is fine but well away from water considering the area and Angus is very grumpy. You would be as well staying at North Ledaig or Benderloch area which are right on the loch side and locate a compressor nearby. It all depends on where you want to dive and what type of diving. You would probably be better to find out where you can get an air refill and pick a scenic site nearby. If the Sound of Mull is of interest with all its many wrecks then there is a site at Craignure as you come off the ferry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts