thule bike roof carriers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Need to buy two roof bike carriers and are currently looking at the Thule range 530 at approximately 35.00 pounds and the 591 at approximately 55 pounds.

Has anyone got either of these good or bad reports please.

Pete

Oct 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Pete,

I use the Thule 530 bike carriers, there very easy to fit to the roof bars and simple to load the bikes (even on a tall people carrier). I use them with the Thule aero bars.

Excellent quality products and would recommend

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Pete,

I think my Thule Bike Carriers are the 540 model (10yrs old), but I can carry adult Mountain Bikes or the Kids BMX's.

All you have to do is adjust the swinging arm, to suit the height of the downtube of the bike to be fitted to the carrier, when you are fitting two bikes of diferrent sizes.

The heavier of the two bikes, should be the one thats wheels are directly over the roof bars,

best regards, Martin

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
You dont say what car you are putting them on.

I have both types,the 591's are better on higher cars as the clamp for the bike downtube is adjusted and tightened at the base of the carrier also the locking clamps fold down not screw up.

If you are on a budget go for the 530's if not you wont be disapointed with the 591's.

Online places are generally cheaper www.roofbox.co.uk

Oct 13, 2007
Visit site
Pete, the 530 is fully adjustable for different sized bikes, as Happy-lappy said for larger bikes you need the roof rails directly under the wheels to support the weight.

Not sure if later models have changed as my 530 carrier has the fold down clamps for mounting the rack to the rails and on the downtube support.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts